Console Restoration

-

dustme

70 340 Duster - 05 Ram
Reaction score
Does anyone have information on:

1) How to self - restore an A Body console

2) Mopar magazine articles on A Body console restoration, I haven't been able to find any in my magazine archive.

3) Reliable shops that do A Body console restoration, preferably in Florida, Southeast Florida would be great!

3) Estimated cost to restore with a vendor

Thanks for your help!:headbang:

Does anyone have information on:

1) How to self - restore an A Body console

2) Mopar magazine articles on A Body console restoration, I haven't been able to find any in my magazine archive.

3) Reliable shops that do A Body console restoration, preferably in Florida, Southeast Florida would be great!

3) Estimated cost to restore with a vendor

Thanks for your help!:headbang:
Alot. Whats it look like condition wise ? Got pictures? Most of that you can do yourself except for the chrome. If it isn't cracked or checked you can repaint with a good dash paint. You can even fill in chips with platic putty and sand down. If your shifter deck is wood grain and is in good shape just restore it withsome formbees wood restore. If its splintered and gouged fillit in with wood putty and sand , then buy an over lay off ebay and cover.

1) The plastic side panels (frame) is in good shape.
2) The wood grain is only a stick on type application and needs to be stripped and a new wood grain sticker applied
3) The chrome edges, ash tray interior, ash tray sliding top, etc. needs to be restored. The chrome looks dated, worn and needs to be redone. I don't think I can do that myself. In fact I'm not sure the finish is chrome.

Anyone know who restores consoles? There has to be a restoration shop out there. Who does the first gen Charger consoles?

-
Back