console restoration

-

MOBodyman

Reaction score
What have you done to get the console restored? Does someone offer this service? Or did you just have the top rechromed and refinish the rest yourself?
Thanks,
Dallas

Mine had some damage around the ash tray lid (slides) I was able to repair them. The chrome was good so I sanded and repainted the argent color when I redid the dash bezel. At 500 for a replacement it's was worth the shot.

What me and my friend both did was sand ours down, paint them bllack with a stripe down the middle to match the exterior color.. looks sharp

Attachments

• console.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 269
I have a friend who was inquiring about getting his redone. The chrome on his is getting pretty bad. Since I just found out the tops are being reproduced, he might just want to go that way.
I'll see if Leanna has some pics of the one she worked on also.
Thanks,
Dallas

What me and my friend both did was sand ours down, paint them bllack with a stripe down the middle to match the exterior color.. looks sharp

That looks very nice but my friend will want to go the resto route on this particular car.

I like the look of yours as my vehicles keep getting farther from stock the longer I own them. LOL
Dallas

leanna redid one a while back.... came out great

Thanks Hemi! :-D

I have a friend who was inquiring about getting his redone. The chrome on his is getting pretty bad. Since I just found out the tops are being reproduced, he might just want to go that way.
I'll see if Leanna has some pics of the one she worked on also.
Thanks,
Dallas

Here's a link to the resto thread I started about it Dallas. To date, it's the only one I've done but I've got another here in line that will be underway shortly.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=178080&highlight=cuda+console

-
Back