Console shifter parts needs for 1967 dart

-
Reaction score
Looking for verification on ALL parts needed to install the original console in the dart. 3 speed auto 727.
I have the console only.
Imagine that I would need to find mounting brackets but really looking for the internals below:

parts found on classicindustries are:
shifter assembly
https://www.classicindustries.com/product/md4010.html
console shifter lever set
1967 Dodge Dart Parts | MA2005 | 1966-69 Mopar A-Body Console Shift Lever Set - Automatic With Console | Classic Industries

is that the only parts needed?
I saw some electrical connector attached to the shifter assembly? on a "for sale" post
I assume the shifter assembly bolts up into the underside of console then the lever to the shift assembly to the trans. But am I missing anything else? Currently have a hurst style shifter on the car and looking to go back to the console.. bought the car with hurst and console was in the deal.
Help is appreciated.
Mike

Consoles attach to forward and rear brackets with 4 screws. Shifter assembly is mounted on a support bracket with 4 bolts.
There's still one more piece. It bolts to the trans and captures the lower end of the drop rod? torque rod? whatever it's called. This piece varies a little bit for different applications. These are available somewhere also but I can't say exactly where. Lets hope another member can chime in with more info.
The one shown with a angled bend goes on the side of the shifter support bracket to capture upper end of same rod.
Reverse lamp switch would be on the shifter through early 68 model. If you have a later model trans with 3 post neutral safety switch you could route the 2 purple reverse lamp circuit wires to there and not need the shifter mounted switch. Anyway... that's why some shifters have the switch and some don't even though they have the 2 bolt holes for the switch.
One of our members needed the shifter mounted switch. It's a tough find. If my memory serves, he used parts from a column mounted switch to repair his shifter mounted switch.

There's still one more piece. It bolts to the trans and captures the lower end of the drop rod? torque rod? whatever it's called. This piece varies a little bit for different applications. T.

.........and the underside of the transmission tail housing has to have the bolt hole ears cast into it for the bracket. Go Download yourself a shop manual if you don't have one, free, from MyMopar. Find a drawing..............

Down this page, no. MD2540. I didn't look to see if that is the exact correct one

Dodge Dart Parts | Transmission | Automatic Trans | Shift Linkage | Classic Industries

Here. You can just barely see the two bolt eyes hanging down between the main case and the trans mount

bpp111000-1_295x-jpg.jpg

tailhousing%20bumps2.jpg

Last edited:
Down this page, no. MD2540. I didn't look to see if that is the exact correct one
Dodge Dart Parts | Transmission | Automatic Trans | Shift Linkage | Classic Industries
That's the "one more piece" , looks like what I have on my 67 904. If you have the tools, it don't take a lot of fabricating skills to fabricate some of the simple pieces. There was a time when we didn't have much choice. Today all we need is deep pockets. Anyway... I have a drawing of this piece somewhere if you want.

-
Back