Console

-

matty mopar

Reaction score
The back top of my console is cracked. It is the spot where people press on to get out. Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this?

I will re-inforce underneath to add strength, but what do I use to fill in the crack before repainting the console?

What type of paint and what exact color is the console supposed to be?

what year and pics? best bet would be to just find a replacment theres plenny of them around

It is a 67 b-body console. I figured if I can re-pair it that would be another $300ish in my car fund.

as for the console color paint it black or red or maybe blue......wait what color is he interior??????

With out seeing a picture of it, I can only guess. The plastic isn't very thick so you have to be carefull. If you have a drumell tool or something that you can make a groove or v shape in the crack. You can buy plastic bumper repair patch (plastic putty) at a auto paint store. Carefully groove out your crack and fill with putty it will set up hard but sandable, sand it down flush and put a wider thiner coat, let dry and sand. J P weld may work also. If your console is textured I recommend reinkle paint or dash paint.

the console is the color of the interior, black

would the rinckle paint get the same texture as the console itself?

i am actually doing this process now. already fixed two cracks with the plastic filler. next is to sand and paint with wrinkle paint. you spray it on then sand to get stock like texture. then dye the correct color. will take pics soon.

the console is the color of the interior, black

would the rinckle paint get the same texture as the console itself?

It depends on how heavy you lay it on. It has the texture of real course sand paper but not scratchie ? If you use it fallow the directions closely. If it were summer you could put the console out side in the sun. Have heat avalible. I used SEM wrenkle paint on my hard shell seat backs.

just painted on the texture coat. sanded with 600 now painting over that and so far it looks great! pictures soon.

-
Back