CONTEST : Guess the HP and WIN!

-

-Boosted-

Hard Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Alright boys and girls. Time for a contest with a cool prize to the winner.

Heading to the chassis dyno (Dynojet 424XLC2 with 5% SAE correction) on Black Friday and whoever guesses closest HP to the tire will win a Swag Bag full of cool stuff. (Nitto Back Pack, Mopar Hat and custom A-Body t-shirt, BrawlerFab t-shirt and a Brawler Shot Glass. Free, shipping included!) The contest will run from now until about 4pm Pacific Standard Time this Friday which is about when we should be done on the dyno. I will post videos and pics at the conclusion of the contest.

Here's the combo to help:

Balanced 408 stroker with 12.5:1 CR running on Renegade 112 octane race gas
Out of the box Trick Flow Heads with titanium keepers
Out of the box Trick Flow Intake blueprinted on install to perfectly match up ports
Thumper 850 (flows 977) carb.
Comp Cams solid roller cam 660/660 and 258/264 @ .050 108 CL
Harland Sharp 1.5 ratio roller rockers
Hedman Hustler 1 7/8 race headers with 3.5" collectors
3" dual exhaust with mandrel bend x-pipe and Dynomax UltraFlow mufflers, with turndowns and no tailpipes.

MSD 7AL3 ignition with a MSD Billet distributor locked out at a conservative 36 degrees and a 7000 RPM pill.
NGK FR7 plugs gapped at .040

Built 727
PTC 5800 8" non-lockup converter (tight)

4" chromoly drive shaft

Fabricated 9" with 4.30 pro gears and spool and 40 spline axles (not that the axles matter other than they are heavier than say 31 spline....lol)

15x10 Billet Specialties forged wheels
295/55R15 MT Drag Radials.

Last edited:
I think you will get around 450 at the tires.

Just curious, why do you say…conservative 36 degrees of timing?
That is actually more timing than most small block like, or at least as much anyway.

I like that engine to put out 600 but I don't have any idea what that is gonna be on the chassis Dyno. My guess though 502 hp just because it's yours Bill

I like that engine to put out 600 but I don't have any idea what that is gonna be on the chassis Dyno. My guess though 502 hp just because it's yours Bill
Really sad that my tow pig puts down more to the wheel than this thing ever will. Probably close to double. Lol.

Last edited:
-
Back