contingency decals

-

OUTLAW

Master of All Mopars
Reaction score
Here is an odd question. I have been searching for contingency decals. I found a guy on the web that makes reproduction decals for $8 each and up. A bit expensive. I also found some collections of 20 decals for $30 on ebay. Again pricey as I would need 2 sets and they only have a few that I need. When I was racing before( in 1969 thru 74) the speed shops would have tons of them and give them to you. Now that speed shops are all but gone to web shops, where do you guys get your decals? Any one source for all that isn't trying to retire on the price?

Which ones are you looking for?
Do they need be period correct?

I am not familiar with the sticker you are talking about but I make vinyl stickers....if it is something I can pull off....maybe I could work something out with you....pm me and let me know,thanks

The best single source that has the widest assortment of decals is an IHRA or NHRA tech trailer at a divisional or national event. But even they don't have ALL of the contingency sponsor decals because not all of the companies send them in. Racers can pick up the ones they have in stock but are warned ahead of time that it's best to acquire them before the race either from the box the product comes in or a direct request from the manufacturer because they may not be available at the race.

Some manufacturer trailers at the races may also carry some. But it helps to tell them you are a racer because they get a lot of requests from kids and decal collectors.

With the economy the way it is, many are careful about how many they give out and to who.

I don't think they would have to be period correct an old holley would still pay out like a new holley would (I hope). As for which ones I need - I need a bunch as I just repainted the car and all are gone. But here is a list off the top of my head : 2 of each

ARP - KEITH BLACK PISTONS - CAT RODS - CENTERFORCE CLUTCH - EDELBROCK - HOLLEY - NOS - PERTRONIX - MALLORY - HEMAN HEDDERS - MILODON - MANLEY VALVES - LUNATI CAMS - PROFORM - SMITH BROS PUSHRODS - VICTOR - CLEVITE - CLOYES - RICHMOND GEARS - YUKON AXLES - SCAREBIRD BRAKES - KYB SHOX - RCI FUEL CELL - HURST SHIFTERS - M/T SLICKS - AUTOMETER - ACCELL - COMPITION ENGINEERING

SIZE...WHAT EVER IS AVAILABLE

OH, size needed. I have spare Edelbrocks for sure, the others, I'm not sure about. I'll look.

I have edelbrock stickers.

I can also make any stickers in white vinyl that are needed....just let me know

OK, for the third time this post, I'm trying yet again!
I have;

2 Edelbrock 2-1/4 x 5
2 Holley 3-1/4 x 3-1/2
2 KB silv-o-lite performance pistons, 1 slightly damaged but OK and easy to read
4 x 10

mini headman headders 1-1/4 x 3-1/2

Late additon

1 old Mallory ignition, 2-1/4 x 4-1/4

1 Centerforce (The performance clutch) 2-1/2 x 5

OMG, where did he go?!

-
Back