Convert to center console on 68 Valiant

-

Vali68

Reaction score
i just purchased the top chrome console pieces from a seller and I was wondering if I could make my own side panels and also my own brackets to mount it in the car when Im ready to do so. The pieces are a bit pitted on the top, but I figure if i blast them lightly, most of them will come out. They also have this neat looking kevlar insert that goes on top of the console. Which I guess is a replacement for the woodgrain that a lot of these have on them already.

Can I sand blast this chrome console? I will be converting the auto column shift to be on the floor console on this 68 Valiant.

Any feedback/reply is appreciated.

It's aluminum pot metal and will blast apart pretty quick when sand blasted,use sand paper. I would just get the proper parts. I am going to use the carbon fiber insert for mine when I start doing cosmetics which is a wayyyyyyyys off from now. I see you have 67 grills in your 68. Are you going to start a resto thread for your car?

yeah. I'm starting with the motor. For now, I am replacing the old cracked slant 6 with a better slant 6. Then I move on to the interior and exterior. Those carbon fiber inserts look way cool for this console. So I guess I will just sand it and see what happens. I don't need it falling apart on me trying to clean it up.
Thanks for the reply.

On the grill part, I have the original that came off the car. I like the 67 because it has the plymouth emblem on it. The 68 doesn't. I also have a spare 68 grill as well. So I have 2 spare grills to use. Which ever ones are in better shape. I also have an extra pair of tail lights that I can mess around with.

I have always prefered the 67 trim to the later. I'm not a fan of argent paint and like all of the stainless and chrome of the 67. If you run across any 67 signet stuff out there let me know :)

-
Back