Converted Chevy Guy...sorta

-

DavyZ

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm very impressed with the membership here--you have a lot of very helpful people here and even a few ladies 8), which is very cool indeed.

I reside near Charlotte, NC and I just aquired a decent wip: 71 Duster with a 318, AT, and a few goodies like a B&M ratchet shifter and Sure-Grip with 3.9 gears, & 14" Rallye wheels. I'm in the process of turning this into a reasonable DD for my daughters to scoot to high school in. Primer black and rust (pans only, thank the good Lord,...like swiss cheese), but a very cool car indeed.

I have been in the Z car V8 conversion crowd for quite a while and as times change (I get older, balder, and have growing children) so do my priorities. Hence my looking for a good A-body forum and I found this one!! :cheers:

I have done some reading and researching these Mopars and I am very impressed. I have always like American muscle cars, but could never afford one, until now. I think A-bodies are the best of the bunch: nice & light, with good prospects for engine conversions, etc. Things are looking up and I'm happy to be here, although I won't be posting much for a while since I'm new to Mopars; what exactly does a newby have to say anyway???

I still have to pick up some good A body/Duster books and just read read read. I hate to be spoonfed (unless she's very pretty) and I will be in and out of the site daily getting information. Thanks to those guys which have made this site great and have given great technical information--it's appreciated :)

Davy

Welcome! Lots of people here are converts...sorry you've been deprived in the past. I'm not one of the technical guys but you'll find plenty. You referred to 'sure-grip,' instead of posi, that gives you cred already. Kidding...nobody takes themselves that seriously around here.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been a car guy since I was a little turd, so just about anything cool & fast is OK with me. I'm digging these A-bodies. I kick myself for not grabbing a Dart or two before I left CA. They are by far the cheapest cars out there now that one could consider "muscle."

Davy

Welcome to the best darn site going, From Arkansas.

the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked. Welcome to the site.

-
Back