converter paint??

-

smallblockGT

Reaction score
If I clean it up and prep well etc, etc. Is it safe to paint torque converter with engine paint or is there another better suited product?? Was just thinking since im detailing the tanny before it goes back in, thought i might as well make it look like new along with it. Thanx in advance guys!

I have been using Rust Destroyer primer. Comes in spray cans $12 at Home Depot and $22 quart cans at specialty shops. Claims good to 800 F, etches bare metal and converts rust. Cure for a week or your top coat may wrinkle. I'll know in a few years how well it holds up.

If I clean it up and prep well etc, etc. Is it safe to paint torque converter with engine paint or is there another better suited product?? Was just thinking since im detailing the tanny before it goes back in, thought i might as well make it look like new along with it. Thanx in advance guys!
why bother? cant see it when installed.

Stock were blue and Hughes are red...rattle cans should be fine as they dont get that hot for long.

I will. And it will be in progress pics. I dunno just feels wrong to put it back in a spotless trans the way it looks now
:dontknow:

-
Back