converter question

-

gerty

Reaction score
I'am putting a 727 transmission in my Duster in place of the old 904. It has a mild 360(9 to 1 comp. magnum heads, 230 duration 470 lift cam, air gap intake and tti headers and 2.5 x-pipe exhaust) and 3.23 rear. I bought an 11" B&M Converter from my buddy and now he can't remember if it stalled at 2000, 2400, or 3000 rpm. There are no part numbers anywhere on it. The car is just a fun cruiser and rarely at the track. Is there any way to tell which stall it is other than installing it and test driving? And what effect on driving and mileage would be expected if it is the highest stall version?
Bob

It is very unlikely that an 11" convertor will stall to 3000, so you can rule that one out.

Likely around 2400 depending on the engines output. I would think it will stall lower with you setup. I have an 11" in my six pack bee, and it flashes around 2500.

I agree with what the guys above say also. I'd guess 2400 max. Probably more like 2000-2200. The engine combo always plays a part on how much a converter will stall out. You can put the same converter behind 2 different engine combos and get 2 different stall readings due to the torque output of the engine.

As far as driving one on the street goes. That's not bad if you've got the gears matched correctly so your not slipping the converter all the time and overheating the trans. but just don't expect much for fuel economy.

Thanks guys, I should be ok with this converter then. I appreciate your help!
Bob

-
Back