converter weld on weights

-

9moe

Reaction score
Does anybody have the layout where the weights go 340 mp cast crank with a 904 small pattern

I have the MP weight kit at home with the templates. I'll get the information to you later if nobody hooks you up before then.

I have the MP weight kit at home with the templates. I'll get the information to you later if nobody hooks you up before then.
thanks trying to run down a slight vibration, bought like it is so dont really know what i got .Seen the converter something doesn't look right might as well start there

The weights don't care what transmission you're using. Unfortunately, the weight kit only corresponds to Mopar Performance converter part numbers rather than measurements. Of course, I don't have a catalog old enough to show the converter numbers used on the instruction sheet. On the plus side, the sheet does provide the sizes of the weights and the actual amount of imbalance needed.

100_5211.JPG

I ran the converters through what little database I have and determined that most of the converters listed were 9", so I'm guessing those do you little good. The only other measurement shown was for a 10" converter. That should be what you need.

The measurements are given from the line formed between the center of the converter and the center of the bolt holes (not the position of the lug itself). The 904's smaller pattern is smaller, but that line should be in the same place even though the lugs are closer to center. The weights are placed based on a radius, so this should work unless you can't weld weights 5.265" from the center of the converter (i.e., your converter is a smaller diameter). The offset converter mounting lug must be in the (approximately) 3 o'clock position as shown by the arrow.

The 10" (and larger) diagram:

100_5209.JPG

If you are running a 9" converter the weights must be closer to center. It's still measured off an imaginary line between centers rather than the lug itself, so as long as the radius is workable for welding weights, it would still work on a 904 bolt pattern.

The 9" diagram:

100_5203.JPG

My weight package is dated 1978, so it's no surprise that the converter numbers superseded or no longer work, but P4007290 and P4007967 both superseded to 9" converter numbers. 2836877 is a dead number, but at least they tell us that one's a 10".

The only weights left in my kit are the 340 cast crank parts. I bought the kit for the templates more than anything after being frustrated trying to find this kind of information online. The weight dimensions were a bonus I didn't expect, but they make the paperwork even more valuable to me: I can make my own weights!

If anyone needs the templates and/or dimensions for 360, 383/400/440 cast crank, or 440 steel crank with '70-'72 "Six Pack" rods (all the HP 440s got them in those years) I have that information as well.

thanks again nocar 340 that will let me know if the right size weight was welded on but i dont know if they are welded in the right spots im thinking one might be off a little. when i can ill jack it up and take a picture of the weights on the converter and maybe a member thats done this will be able to guilde me more .along while ago i seen a diagram

yea thats it ,boy ive looked a while for it but could not seem to find it the chase starts now

Can use as comparison to what you have and where your Weights are welded on. Should be opposite of this flex plate cut out.

Screenshot_20230317-200501_Firefox.jpg

Screenshot_20230317-200516_Firefox.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

-
Back