Convertible quarter glass vs Hardtop

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Not looking right now but I will be in need of a drivers side rear quarter glass for the 67 Dart Convert my daughter and I are saving.

So the question of the day....

Is the Convertible quarter glass the same as the Hardtop?
PXL_20231027_141218811.jpg

Ultimately I'll be looking for tinted and preferably with the AC Sticker still attached.

Last edited:
Quarter glass ? If you mean the vent glass in the door then yes they are the same but you say "rear quarter" glass which leads me to think you mean the rear seat driver's side glass which is definitely different than the hardtop.

No, hardtop and convertible quarter glass is different, but Barracuda convertible and Dart convertible quarter glass is the same '67-'69; so that should broaden your search a wee bit.

I believe 67 to 69 convertible quarter glass is the same and that will help in your search, what's not gonna help is the fact you need factory tint with the air temp decal. That will be a challenge I believe. Wishing you luck

Conv 1/4 glass is more square than hardtop

They repro the glass

Convertible glass is definitely smaller. You should check with Litteredcoffin I bought some Convertible window regulators off him. Maybe he has some glass.

Agree, they're different. The convertible has the sharp upper angle where it hits the top frame, whereas the hardtops have a curved upper edge. As a side note, the '67 Dart hardtop quarter glass is unique. It's a press-on track type. The 68-up glass is a bolt-in. I don't think they did this with the convertibles, but, you may want to look at your RH quarter glass to see how it's mounted. If you swap all the internal pieces along with the glass, it would probably interchange, although I've never tried it myself.

Pretty sure the door glass is also different between convertible and hardtop. It definitely is on a Barracuda. It's all about the rooflines...

-
Back