Convertible window

-

crooked1/2dozen

Reaction score
Hey y'all:

So my Valiant's 46yo plastic rear window has cracked in a bunch of places, tried to bend it when it was only about 38 degrees. It didn't like that. I've got 2 quotes of.....$300 to replace the window, seems kind of steep to me. I've seen in this, or possibly another forum, someone saying theirs was done for less than $100. One shop in town said that I could do most of the labor myself and save some dough. Does anyone know if I can pull the rear trim off, and remove the window and surround without removing any sewn seams?? Just undo the zipper and velcro and....???? Otherwise, I mighty just buy a whole new top, but the original is in good shape, tight as a drum, no rips or tears.

TIA

Dan

you tried going to a boat shop yet? they will replace your window cheaper probably. My dad got a whole custom made canvas top with a rear window for a little under $300. Tak in mid this this a 23ft boot and they even made windows that zipped into the sides. If I recall correct, they added his back window for like $60-70. There should be someone nearby a lake or somewhere that will do it for you. Just call the local boating shop, they should know who makes custom covers.

DarTT:

Thanks for your input, we are landlocked in Calgary, there aren't, that I'm aware of, any dedicated boat upholsterers in town, the shops here do cars, boats, airplanes, etc.. I'm off to Bermuda tomorrow, maybe someone there can help!! So if anyone replies and I don't respond for a week, that's why.

Dan

I've seen the replacement windows on e-bay..I had one for a while but sold it at Carlisle this past summer..It appeared to be a matter of zip it in and attatch the velcro, ?maybe would have to take rear moulding off and attatch across there as well but I don't know for sure. enjoy Bermuda...

-
Back