Converting to '68 style windshield gasket

-
Oh sorry, I misunderstood. You are looking for 68? 2dr?.Stainless? I have some, not a complete set, but I believe AMD repops it.
Not to sound rude but this thread is for the 4 door post car that Siksty re gasketed. I need the 4 door post/ 2 door post trim set. AMD only makes the non post 2 door hardtop trim. It's quite tragic. 67 post cars had a different gasket then the 68-76 it used the plastic locking strips. 68 they used the stainless moulding trim with a self locking gasket. I just don't understand why these companies make the locking strip for the 67 gasket but not the gasket and they make the 68+ gasket but not the moldings. Just bogles my mind.

No problem, my apologies. I should've reread the thread. Call PRP directly and speak to them, they MAY have it, but not listed on site?
Not to sound rude but this thread is for the 4 door post car that Siksty re gasketed. I need the 4 door post/ 2 door post trim set. AMD only makes the non post 2 door hardtop trim. It's quite tragic. 67 post cars had a different gasket then the 68-76 it used the plastic locking strips. 68 they used the stainless moulding trim with a self locking gasket. I just don't understand why these companies make the locking strip for the 67 gasket but not the gasket and they make the 68+ gasket but not the moldings. Just bogles my mind.

Have you had any luck finding the trim? I'm also in the process of doing the same conversion and am having a hard time finding the trim. Did a great job with yours! What I can't comprehend is I can find the plastic locking strips for the 67 4dr gasket but not the gasket and can find the 68+ gasket but not the molding trim... What a world we live in today.
I found trim in nice condition at a swap meet, but the side pieces were about 2 inches too short. I had to shorten either the top or bottom, I can't remember which. I bought it for $100 and installed it even though I have the gap on the sides at the top. It's not perfect but I will fill in with something one day, or locate the correct length pieces. If you can get AMD to supply you with the measurements, I can compare those to what I have for you. There's a chance that their kit might be trim to fit. I also wonder if something from a B body could be trimmed to fit the sides. It seems the top and bottom are good but sides might be the question.

Here's some pics.

Screenshot_20240628_085203_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240628_085342_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240628_085241_Gallery.jpg

I found trim in nice condition at a swap meet, but the side pieces were about 2 inches too short. I had to shorten either the top or bottom, I can't remember which. I bought it for $100 and installed it even though I have the gap on the sides at the top. It's not perfect but I will fill in with something one day, or locate the correct length pieces. If you can get AMD to supply you with the measurements, I can compare those to what I have for you. There's a chance that their kit might be trim to fit. I also wonder if something from a B body could be trimmed to fit the sides. It seems the top and bottom are good but sides might be the question.
Yeah I've already called AMD, I don't remember the exact measurement off hand but I know their kit is for the 2 door non post, which is 2" shorter then what the 4 door/2 door post cars need. You maybe on to something there with the B body lengthed trim. I'm going to dive into that to see if it'll work.

Yeah I've already called AMD, I don't remember the exact measurement off hand but I know their kit is for the 2 door non post, which is 2" shorter then what the 4 door/2 door post cars need. You maybe on to something there with the B body lengthed trim. I'm going to dive into that to see if it'll work.
And after looking at the pictures it was the top I had to shorten where it goes under the overlap. I just used a Dremel cut off wheel and filed the burrs so it slid together nicely, can't see it anyway.

-
Back