Convertor bushing

-

65Val

Average Length Member
Reaction score
Anyone home-make one of those bushings that convert the old '67-down small pilot torque convertors for use with a '68-up crankshaft? Seems to be just a piece of aluminum pipe with specific dimensions....and costs $35?????

Gotta be a cheaper way....

Attachments

• ConvertorBushing1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 201
That one was on T-Flite Patty's website....I don't see it today.

From Graham AKA transman.....
Call Paul at T.C.S. 1-800-960-1177 and ask if they make these yet. I know when I worked there, they often changed to front cover of the converter so it had the large pilot. Still won't hurt to call him though.

PM CharlieS and ask him.

...I need one of those also..where can they be obtained?

Had one made for Jake's 65 by a machinist friend of mine. I gave him the dimensions and he made it so. You might be able to do the same thing at your local machine shop???

Do yall read English? Do I need to learn another language so yall can understand?

PM Charlie_S. He has them. If you cannot understand that, then maybe tiddly winks is in order for a new hobby.

I understand where your coming from but unless your lucky enough to know a machinist very well it'll most likely cost at least $100 at a local machine shop because most have at least a $100 minimum charge nowadays. $35 may sound like a lot because of what it looks like but it is a precision cut piece. The I.D. is 1.55" and the O.D. is 1.81" and needs to fit snug. Not sure on the width as I haven't measured one but if you have the converter handy it'd be easy to measure. Good luck in finding something that'll work and save you some money.

I'm actually quite fluent in the English language, subtleties & innuendos but minimally familiar with sources and links for information posted here. Greatly appreciative for the contributions though!

In the social circles of this site, who is Charlie_S?

<disclaimer> I don't know any thing about tiddly winks either...

-
Back