convertor frustration

-

wireweld

Reaction score
I have a turbo action 10" that I cannot get on my tranny. I can put it on up to the large splines and then no further. I have wiggled and pushed, even used some bad words and still no luck. Does anyone have a suggestion, as turbo action has the whole week off.:angry7:

you said wiggled and pushed, i didnt see spin and push (same time)....you have tried that, correct? Wiggling will get you started, spinning will (should) get it seated.

Mike's right. You usually have to spin them. If that don't do it count the splines (the inner ones) to see if they sent you the right converter.

Try turning the input or output shaft some to. Maybe get a freind to give you hand while spinning the convertor. Should slide on if it is the correct unit...

Sounds like you are not getting the pump tags to line up with the convertor hub, they can be a pain. Don't push too hard while spinning the convertor. The friction of pushing can be enough to turn the pump so it won't line up. I now look inside the pump to see were the tags are at to try to get the convertor as close as possible that way it won't take much turning to get them to line up.

Chuck

sometimes the nicer TC you buy the harder they go in...more precision fit than a stocker
follow above tips and hold your mouth the right way

i'm not sure on the spline count.. just know the older ones are different.. if they are trhe same then i guess your ok.

All the outer (large) splines are the same count for each respecting trans. It's the inner (input shaft-the one that spins) that really matters. Here's a rundown on the spline counts for both 904's and 727's since you didn't mention which trans. you have.

904 non-LU: Early-18 Late-27
904 lockup: 26

727 non-LU: Early-19 Late-24
727 lockup: 23

I want to thank everyone for the responses, very helpful. I called dynamic converters and they told me that I had a lockup tranny. My converter is for a nonlockup tranny.

I have a turbo action 10" that I cannot get on my tranny. I can put it on up to the large splines and then no further. I have wiggled and pushed, even used some bad words and still no luck. Does anyone have a suggestion, as turbo action has the whole week off.:angry7:

what's this hobby come to when using bad words doesn't help...

-
Back