Cool find under my back seat

-

SomeRandomDude

Reaction score
Not sure if you all will find this as interesting as I did - I just love old things. Anyway - pulled my back seat while running some wires and found this little guy tucked under the edge of the carpet. Apparently 51 years ago one of the guys assembling my car dropped their pencil - and it still has a point all these years later. It's now going in the "originals" box along with the original manual, bill of sale, and random bolt on parts that have been replaced over the years. You guys ever find anything unique like this?

20240909_072508 (1).jpg

Not sure if you all will find this as interesting as I did - I just love old things. Anyway - pulled my back seat while running some wires and found this little guy tucked under the edge of the carpet. Apparently 51 years ago one of the guys assembling my car dropped their pencil - and it still has a point all these years later. It's now going in the "originals" box along with the original manual, bill of sale, and random bolt on parts that have been replaced over the years. You guys ever find anything unique like this?

View attachment 1716301466
Thats an antique "figering stick!" (pre computer) (pre electric calculator)!

I was gonna say it looks like any old pencil from any old school. Then I noticed the “chrysler Corporation” script. That is way cool.

I had an annoying rattle in the dash of my '79 Chrysler Lebaron. Took the dash apart to put a real stereo in (this was the early '90's). I found a nice needle nose pliers stuck between two halves of the dash frame. It had to be there from the factory as it was pretty tough to remove.

-
Back