Cool Garage sale finds

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
i love it now that its summer time and garage sales are all around and open house sales.

i didnt intentionally become an all things Craftsman collector but since i like all things Sears ...just kinda happened.

over a few sales i found some cool items that fit my decor....a tool bag that is really dusty but almost new ....not used very much but was in a dusty place for years.

a tool box tin ....very cute .....a 3/8 drive breaker bar.

and what i think is mega cool.....a Diehard battery lunchbox :toothy7::toothy7:

anyone finding anything cool at summer sales and goodwill stores lately?

Attachments

• CIMG2738.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 225
  • CIMG2740.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 195
  • CIMG2741.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 191
  • CIMG2742.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 184
Bought an old Craftsman vice from the '50's for $15, and 3 lb. hammer and old Craftsman adjustable for $5, and a slew of odds and ends Chinese impact sockets for $0.25/ea.

I have bought a lot of tools and other goodies over the years but I have been around a long time.

I have a 99.9% pure silver 1 pound commemorative coinfrom Carriage House travel trailer company that I paid $1.00 for. Took it to the pawn shop and had the silver content verified.

I bought a 5 year old 1993 Probe that was nice for $250.00 and drove it home. My daughter drove it for 5 years.

I love auctions too.

Bought a 1962 Black and Decker/Dewalt radial armsaw on the deluxe rolling steel cabinet base for $25. Found a government auction site that lists purchase price of $700 1962 dollars!

Cuts like butter and does 90% of what a compound sliding mitre AND table saw does.

I think I'm in love.

Same yard sale- bought a 2 HP HEMCo motor for $1.

On a related note, I found a perfectly good, like new air chisel in the dumpster at my storage units. Also several boxes full or mostly full of nails and screws, some sealed, some self tapping and weatherproof washers. Lots of new electrical boxes and conduit fittings, a half dozen utility knives, and a Craftsman bar style torque wrench.

For the past month, I've found a sealed quart of oil every week. The last one was Havoline 10w30. Who throws out sealed oil??

When I was carrying mail, I went thru yard sales all the time. I scored a brand new 30lb can of R12 once, several craftsman engine analyzers, timing lights and other cool tools, great antiques too.
The trinkets and trash I would see was incredible.
In the summer time it was never uncommon for me to have a yard sale find in my mail bag.

I have a set of wrenches from 1950s Volkswagen bug. A buddy of mine saw them at a garage sale and he didn't have $10 to spare so he told me about it. By the time I got there they were marked down to eight dollars. These are the original tools from a toolkit that the old man said came with his bug in the early 50s. They still have the original sticker on most of the individual tools that has the name "Hazet". This set is worth over $500

I have that same little tin tool box, Craftsman gift cards came in them :glasses7:

I have a set of wrenches from 1950s Volkswagen bug. A buddy of mine saw them at a garage sale and he didn't have $10 to spare so he told me about it. By the time I got there they were marked down to eight dollars. These are the original tools from a toolkit that the old man said came with his bug in the early 50s. They still have the original sticker on most of the individual tools that has the name "Hazet". This set is worth over $500

Cool! I still have a set from my old VW. Still in the little round steel disc, too. :thumbup:

-
Back