Cool video of me blowing stuff up this morning!!

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
I have been awake since 0530 yesterday morning since I am on response this week. We got a call yesterday afternoon right as I got off work. In Warsaw NC they had been remodeling the National Gaurd Armory and during excavation they found some military ordnance that someone had buried years ago. And come to find out almost 50 years ago. So I had to drive 2 hours and spend 7 hours laying on my stomach digging ordnance out of the ground with a garden trowel. Here is a video of me blowing it up. It was great we were 30 feet from the Armory and less than 300 from the buildings on Main St. and nothing was damaged. It was sweet. Hope you enjoy! http://www.wral.com/news/video/5538706/ Oh yeah check out this guys background music!

Booooom !!! that was quit a blow duster72 8)
Continue being careful sir :happy10: The P.F. music was cool :-D

I love watching stuff blow up. Especially when it's not my stuff.... :-D

Wow, man, you live on the edge! What was the ordnance that you dug up?

Sorry I had to delete what there was at the site. I was told to by Higher up in my command.

Bomb_squad.jpg

I bet your pretty tired and your nerves are shot by the end of the day.

Loved the Floyd!! What a perfect song for what you were doing.

We brought back some .30-'06 ammo from a small arms locker on the U.S.S San Diego, which sank off Long Island during WW I. All the cartridges were penetrated by seawater and the pellets were wet. We dried them out and put a match to some - whoosh! Still viable after 70 years under the sea.

you sir... have a great job ! I assume u have a bit-o-specialized training.
lol

thanks for the vid.

-RPM

Hey guys my chain of command googled the video and found this site so I had to remove the list of what we found. Apparently it was a big deal it made it to a Generals desk. And yes I have quite a bit of training the school is almost a year long with an 80% failure rate. We are really unknown to the public, most people don't know we exist until they need us. It is also very rewarding. It is not very clear in that video but the explosion happened about 30 feet from the front of the Armory and around 150 from the front of all the stores on main street. And I will tell ya that was alot of exposed glass. With the way we set it up there was absolutely no damage of any kind to any property or person. It was a text book execution. I am really proud to be a part of that, I take great pride in what I do. When I can go out and protect life, limb, and property my goal has been met and I can sleep well that night. With this video I was hoping you guys could get a small glimpse of what YOUR Army is doing on the home front as well as overseas.

Thank you so much for what you do. You truly put yourself in harms way so civilians like me can sleep at night. I hope you know that I and most everyone here truly appreciate what you do.

I know a EOD (USA) thats been in about 20 years now. Last I knew he was in a rapid deployment unit at Dayton. He is probally one of your instructors now Names EJ Allbaugh.
Frank
PS Didnt spell his last name right.

-
Back