Coolant Help

-

Swinger803

1973 Dart Swinger 225
Reaction score
Whats up guys and gals? I recently caught mopar fever when I picked up my first Dart Swinger 225 /6. With recent temps here in the high 90's to low 100's, the temp gauge creeps closer to where I don't want it to be...so being a rookie, here's my first question: whats the best coolant to use for a 225/6? good, bad, or ugly...I wanna hear it!

Thanks!!

The best coolant for this old iron is the standard "green" ethylene glycol stuff in a 50/50 mix. You'll get good metal protection, raised boiling point, and of course freeze protection.

Now what do you mean by the gauge creeping closer to where you don't like it? Unless you can verify with an actual temperature, like with an infrared hand held, it's an empty statement.

Radiators work on about a hundred degree differential between coolant temps and the outside air. When it gets hot near the 100's outside, sure the temp is gonna climb, but that doesn't mean it's overheating.

Most temp gauges on the dash have a bar between "C" and "H" or cold and hot. That bar in most cases is an acceptable range to run in.

-
Back