Coolant leak - 318 w/ Ac

-

solracmopar

Reaction score
I recently had a local shop install an a/c in my Dart. Since then I've been dripping some coolant. Not sure where but I see it down on the K member and on the ground, only when I drive the car for a good distance. I don't have an overflow bottle hooked up but I don't see it coming from the hose area. Something tells me maybe its coming from one of the bolts that go into the block thru the water pump? Maybe the shop didn't reseal one of those bolts?

Does anyone know which bolts that go thru the a/c brackets thru the water pump into the block get sealant? Thanks in advance!

Thanks TrailBeast. I have a feeling they didn't add any sealant when re-installing the a/c compressor bracket. Would you use the red RTV? Can I go 1 bolt at a time while leaving the bracket on? Thanks!

Thanks TrailBeast. I have a feeling they didn't add any sealant when re-installing the a/c compressor bracket. Would you use the red RTV? Can I go 1 bolt at a time while leaving the bracket on? Thanks!
Red or blue RTV. ....yes one bolt at a time and don't over torque them :thumbsup:

Jeff

Awesome thanks Mr JLR. I also noticed some oil at the top of the water pump. Possible a/c oil or motor oil.

-
Back