cooling line question 904 /727

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
would a 904 use the same cooling lines as a 727?

i know a guy who has a set of lines for sale from a 69 superbee 383/727

and i have a 68 coronet with a 318/904 ...would the 727 lines fit a 904?

The fittings are the same but there'll be a little difference in length because the 727 is a little longer than a 904. And since they were bent for a big block there might also be some differences where they go past the engine. You might be able to make them work by doing some bending on them but they won't be a straight install.

thanks......i am just going temporary anyway ....i dont have the cash to do the 4 speed swap and i have most of the 4 speed parts .....but in the mean time i just need cooling lines so i can drive the car with the auto already in it .....when it was parked by the previous owner a scrapper stole the radiator and just tin snipped the original lines.

Ok, so most of the old lines are still there, just a section connecting the radiator is missing? If that's the case you could just replace the missing sections connecting the new and old line sections with compression fittings. 5/16" brake line is the right size, just the fittings are different. The fittings and flares on the factory trans. lines aren't easy to come up with so what I'd do is change the adapter fittings in the radiator to ones that'll screw to the brake lines. You could probably do all that for less than $15 and it'd be a bunch easier than changing the entire lines. Just a thought.

-
Back