Cooooool Running!

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I got my cooling issues resolved! New clutch for my fan, new thermostat, some water-wetter, and good vacumn bleed and she runs GREAT! Temp never passes 3/4. I had her out for about 2 hours this afternoon and I'm happy to say, all is well.

I'll be at the Amityville Burger King on Sunrise highway (just east of Rt. 110) about 11:00-ish as I make my debut at my club's meeting.
I'm sooo happy with how she runs I dare not change or adjust ANYTHING. :cheers:

New engines tend to run a little on the warm side until the parts all settle in. Heading into winter should help some too. Have you installed the TTI`s yet?

Never got past 3/4? WTF, no real temp gauge on that hotrod? LOL!

Glad to hear you got the temp issues resolved. This may be a stupid question but what radiator are running?

I'm running the stock 22" radiator. If I didn't have the cooling issues to deal with yesterday I would have done the TTI install at my shop. Now I have to wait 2 weeks until I'm off on a Saturday again so I can have a full day at the shop using the lift to do the exhaust swap. No way am I gonna wrestle those bastard Hookers out on my back, let alone remove, and install, a complete dual system, in the driveway of on the garage floor.

It's starting to get COLD out here!
36_11_8.gif

I'm running the stock 22" radiator. If I didn't have the cooling issues to deal with yesterday I would have done the TTI install at my shop. Now I have to wait 2 weeks until I'm off on a Saturday again so I can have a full day at the shop using the lift to do the exhaust swap. No way am I gonna wrestle those bastard Hookers out on my back, let alone remove, and install, a complete dual system, in the driveway of on the garage floor.

It's starting to get COLD out here!
36_11_8.gif

I would definitely wait two weeks for a lift considering the alternative. There`s always a gremlin to chase once everything`s assembled but what would we do if we didn`t have `em? Nice job John, your car is beautiful!

-
Back