Cope CRT-22X accumulator

-

VF69HARDTOP

Reaction score
Hi guys

I just finished up my 904 build with a CRT-22X valve body and wanted to know if you must use a blocker rod in the accumulator or can you still use the spring?
The instructions that came with are clear as it mentioned you go do either with the - 2X.
Its a street car so wanted to keep the shifts somewhat cushioned if possible, if not, I'll pull the pan and fit a blocker rod if it must be used.

Thank

Hi guys

I just finished up my 904 build with a CRT-22X valve body and wanted to know if you must use a blocker rod in the accumulator or can you still use the spring?
The instructions that came with are clear as it mentioned you go do either with the - 2X.
Its a street car so wanted to keep the shifts somewhat cushioned if possible, if not, I'll pull the pan and fit a blocker rod if it must be used.

Thank
You don't need the blocker rod, but why not put it in? You will be using the modified manual reverse valve body so you obviously want better shifting & control. The mods CRT does will improve the shifts anyway. There is no downside to using the blocker rod, in fact, the different shift kits I've used for decades say to discard the spring even for heavy duty/non-race mods.

-
Back