Correct 4 speed console!

-

LovetheA's

Reaction score
I thought that this would be the best place to get some answers. I have two 4 speed consoles to choose from that could go back into my 67 4 speed gts. The problem is that I don't know which one is correct. I repaired one of the consoles and have another unpainted that I bought some time ago off of fleabay. I thought that all the a body 4 speed consoles were grouped into different categories. 66-68 are the same, 69 and up different. I thought that the replacement console I bought was a direct exchange but I was wrong. The console that was in the car has a flat front and the ebay one has more of a pointed front with a front top edge that curves out towards the pointed bottom half. Does anyone know what is the correct part number for the 67 4 speed console? Also my car is a HH1 exterior dark copper metallic with copper dust or lighter copper interior. Is the console supposed to be a darker interior color and not lighter like the seats? Any help greatly appreciated.

Carl

i cannot help with your questions, but would by the one you do not use.lol

I don't recall seeing an a body console that year that wasn't black.

Pictures of the two you have would sure help.

I think the flat front console may be for an A/C car.....

Pics ?

Here are the two consoles I have. The one sprayed copper was in the car and was just repaired. The unpainted black one I bought off of ebay. The black one looks just like the one in my 67 4 speed formula s so I'm thinking it is correct. The copper console had the bottom of the interior console compartment repaired it had a crack at the bottom screw hole. I didn't realize that the front could be so different.

Attachments

• IMG_2453.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_2454.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 153
HI
The console should be the same as upholstery= copper dust
And should be with the slanted front part,
I have a barracuda in the same color/copper int
Johnas Sweden

I can't help you w/ the factory color, but my understanding is the flat front console was used in factory A/C cars for clearance of the underdash mounted A/C unit (makes sense to me until someone explains it better LOL). The front of the console sits so far up under the dash that I don't think most people would notice either way.

There are alot of bogus 4-spd consoles on the internet. Some have the correct console base w/ a fabricated top plate and some use a fabricated auto base. Good luck with whatever choice you decide to make. I saw some pics of your car in another thread.....BEAUTIFUL. I love the copper color interior!

My '69 factory AC car with the original console is pointed in the front not flat and it clears the factory AC with tons of room to spare.

Good info 340s :thumbup:. I suppose Mopar could have used a couple vendors for these, but I'm not convinced yet on why they're different. The A/C option seemed to make the most sense.........

-
Back