correct '65 273 crank pulley

-

txas2step

Reaction score
The '65 273 I am just rebuilt did not have the pulleys's when I bought it. I had a set from a later model 318. The crank holes match up except 1. Is there a 273 specific crank pulley that I need to locate? Any help. Chris.

The '65 273 I am just rebuilt did not have the pulleys's when I bought it. I had a set from a later model 318. The crank holes match up except 1. Is there a 273 specific crank pulley that I need to locate? Any help. Chris.
is yours a single pulley or are you running power steering?

Jake

If there's one hole that doesn't line up you could modify the hole. The bolts just hold the pulley on. There how many? Or you could start a "wanted" ad for the correct one.

There's an earlier and a later. You have an earlier balancer and later pulley. Leave that one bolt out - it's not going to do anything bad. Or replace the pulley with one that's older than 72 (I think...)

I would take a rat tail file and slot the hole before I would leave it out. I might have one I will have to look.

If there's one hole that doesn't line up you could modify the hole. The bolts just hold the pulley on. There how many? Or you could start a "wanted" ad for the correct one.
Thanks Mike,now that I think about it, would not be a balance issue.

-
Back