Correct center-link for 74 duster 360

-
Which way do the pitman/idler studs point, up or down? Down is the lower one, up is the top one.

The bottom is a 73-76 piece
top is a 67-72.

Never know what you have unless you look

I've got both of those as well and they are for sale.

Which way do the pitman/idler studs point, up or down? Down is the lower one, up is the top one.

The bottom is a 73-76 piece
top is a 67-72.

Never know what you have unless you look

I've got both of those as well and they are for sale.

Previous owner told me he had installed wrong center link and I have to find a correct one. Below is picture I just took:

Driver side;

Pass side;

Can you tell what I have now?

Yes... a clusterfuck!

Those pitman/idler pins need to point the same direction, either up or down, not one of each!

Isn't a centerlink made to fit that mess.

Previous owner told me he had installed wrong center link and I have to find a correct one. Below is picture I just took:

Can you tell what I have now?

That is a 67-72 center link and 68-72 idler arm. You need the 73-76 center link and idler arm. I would replace the pitman arm also.

Is center-link, pitman and idler arm different for drum vs disk brake?

Is center-link, pitman and idler arm different for manual vs power steering?

In my case here, can I just replace the driver side pitman arm to 67-72 and it will be good to go?

Many thanks

Either use all '68-72 parts or all '73-6 parts.....don't mix them. Power and manual, disc and drum, are the same for a given year. Keep in mind that they went to the bigger pitman shaft in the box in '73 so you'll need to match the box or change it too.

Since your car is a 74 use the correct parts. If you can afford it, I would recommend replacing all of it.

Manual ger box upgrade switching gear boxes from 69 dart to 76 duster already have the pitman arm need the center link and the idler arm .. I have paypal !!!

Is center-link, pitman and idler arm different for drum vs disk brake?

Is center-link, pitman and idler arm different for manual vs power steering?

In my case here, can I just replace the driver side pitman arm to 67-72 and it will be good to go?

Many thanks
I found out the center links are different the holes are also have to point one way or the other they are both tapered but face either up or down .. so screwed up..:violent1:

-
Back