Correct Motor mounts for 65 /6 in wagon?

-

65 wagon

Reaction score
OK I searched the archives but didn't get a clear answer. My existing motor mounts need to be replaced. Here is a pic of the driver side mount.
The replacement mounts I have are Westar 2303 & 2304 (Pass & Driver side).
The Pass. side looks OK, but the driver side sure doesn't look very similar. What's the story? Just a "newer" design or do I have the wrong mounts?
Thanks,
Benjamin

DSCN2607.jpg

DSCN0141.jpg

2303 & 2304 are the correct numbers for my 65 /6 Dart, and they look the same as your picture.

I guess my "original" mount is really tweaked & distorted. I just didn't want to remove the old ones only to find out the replacements didn't fit. (Yeah...that never happens:)

All the '62-'66 slant-6 A-bodies use the same mounts. 2303 and 2304 are the correct aftermarket numbers. Keep an eye on them; most of the mounts available these days are very cheap, but shrivel up and fail quickly 'cause they're made out of compressed cow poo in some part of the world not known for manufacturing anything worth having. If you wind up in that situation, there are super nice poly mounts discussed here, though I think I'll probably have the maker, Johnny at Polybushings, make me a set of non-interlock poly mounts for my '62 -- interlock is great for hot-rodded engines, but unnecessary for any kind of near-stock engine and makes more noise and vibration in the car.

Don't neglect the "rear engine mount" (transmission mount). It probably wants attention, too. '62-'72 same.

All the '62-'66 slant-6 A-bodies use the same mounts. 2303 and 2304 are the correct aftermarket numbers. Keep an eye on them; most of the mounts available these days are very cheap, but shrivel up and fail quickly 'cause they're made out of compressed cow poo in some part of the world not known for manufacturing anything worth having. If you wind up in that situation, there are super nice poly mounts discussed here, though I think I'll probably have the maker, Johnny at Polybushings, make me a set of non-interlock poly mounts for my '62 -- interlock is great for hot-rodded engines, but unnecessary for any kind of near-stock engine and makes more noise and vibration in the car.

Don't neglect the "rear engine mount" (transmission mount). It probably wants attention, too. '62-'72 same.

Dan,
Went to Johnnys site,and didnt see anything listed for the slant.
Do they make engine mounts for the Slant ?

========================================
Thanks for the verification on the mounts guys.
Great suggestion on the tranny mount also.
I am ready!

DSCN0142.jpg

Yep, they make '62-'66 A-body slant-6 poly mounts and they also make poly '73+ slant-6 spool mounts, which nobody else does. Not up on the site, though. See this post and contact 'em.

Yep, they make '62-'66 A-body slant-6 poly mounts and they also make poly '73+ slant-6 spool mounts, which nobody else does. Not up on the site, though. See this post and contact 'em.
===========================================
Cool video showing the difference between the 2 mounts. I'll have to try making a video when I replace the torn up "stock" mount versus the rubber after market ones.
Benjamin

The early A tranny mount has two bolts for the cross member, the 67 up has one bolt, they "may" work,(I've never tried) but they're not the same.

-
Back