Correct PST Polygraphite Super kit for my setup

-

moparman111

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am building a 1967 Barracuda that's a factory 273 drum brake car. Now its getting a 440 with a Direct Connection K-member. I currently have the complete front suspension tore apart. I plan to remove the bushings and get everything painted up before putting everything together. For brakes I purchased a SSBC front disc kit that utilizes the factory front drum brake spindle. My questions is I know I need the 68/up idler arm for the DC K-member. Do I need to order a 67 kit and request a 68/up idler arm "or" can I simply order a kit for a 1968 or 69 Barracuda with drum brakes? Are there other differences that I am not aware of between from the 67 I have to the 68/69? I just want to make it easy. Thanks
Robert

The 68-69 kit is what you need. The 67 had the single shear idler arm and the 68-72 has the improved double shear idler. 73-76 is different and does not interchange with earlier unless done as a complete swap using center link, idler and pitman.

Kosmic thank you for the heads up. I have reached out to PST and asked about the kit. Not knowing if the DC K-member required a different kit for some reason. I will be using the factory LCA's, UCA's, and middle link. I also wasn't sure if the steering components were different from a 67 to a 68. So if I ordered a kit for say a 1969 Barracuda with drum brakes it would fit my DC K-member and all of the factory suspension components (idler for the DC K)?

-
Back