Cost of Tag Renewals

-

shg340

Reaction score
I jsut renewed my KS tags for our 2 Jeep Grd Cherokees (both 7 years old) AND the Duster. It cost me $415 this year for the 3 units. HeXX the Duster was $45 of which $33 was for processing the paperwork. What a ripoff. Do you guys get reamed like that where you live?

I wouldn't be so ticked, but for 7 year old cars, that seems awfully steep to me. I don't see how others can afford to pay the taxes on their new(er) cars these days. The cost of the vehicle alone is one thing, but the taxes they slam you with hurts even more. Oh well, I've ranted enough I guess.

I pay around $40 per car here in Florida. They hit you for an additional $100 for a new tag, amd it's around $20 to transfer it to another vehicle. I consider myself lucky for that.

I pay $36 for a car, I think $56 for my truck, for a year, and for my 73 Duster with classic plates I paid, I think $50 once and I never have to pay a renewal again for the registration for the classic plates

DARTSPORT said:
I pay $36 for a car, I think $56 for my truck, for a year
Same here DS.I just renewed the license for my truck and i thought $56 was high."Guess Not" :shock:

you guys have it rough. here in oregon our wonderful govt just snuck in :x an increase. $54 for 2 years, was $30 per vehicle.

As I suspected, good ole KS reams us big time, with maybe exception of HA. It amazes me how they can spend so much money when you consider how many cars are on the highway and the tax gets worse the more expensive your vehicle is.

Oh well, I'll jsut keep driving my Jeeps till the whells fall off.

i paid $38 for a tag and registration for my 75 valiant...
new tag (antique hobby tag, no difference in cost or anything, just a little diff. looking) and to have the title transferred. and it only took like ten minutes.
my mom paid $20 for her 2002 buick century... i think that was just the tag fee though (same amount i paid)

Here in florida you can also find a tag from the same yaer as the model year of your classic car, and they will assign that plate to your registration.

**picks up jaw...**
HOLY CRAP ON A CRUTCH THATS EXPENSIVE

i guess it has to do with emissions?
"environmental impact fee" i think they call it...
how can they put a price on that?

Yea, we go value of the car here im KS supposedly.

Grand Cherokee Limited $178
Grand Cherokee Laredo $148

Keep in mind both are 7+ years old. With used car values today, they aren't worth very much. Rip OFFFFFFF

DAMN Remind me not to move to KC. In Virginia I paid 35 bucks to transfer the 68 plate into my name. Don't have to pay again also don't need no damn safety inspection or county sticker. :twisted:

i wouldve just transferred the tag from the old owner of my car to me, but it said bartow county, which is the next county over, and for some reason, they wont let you transfer tags anymore...

Don't bother coming to AZ...they hit you with a $3-400 tax every time you renew. I'm active duty military and exempt from it, but it sucks for actual residents. Total BS. :evil:

-
Back