cost to rebuild cyl head stock

-

bad440

everything,all the time..
Reaction score
alright guys how much did it cost you to get hard seats and the ussual done to your slant head/?i assume bronze guides and a valve job.and at least 2 ex valves.the machinist down the road wants 400.00 i figure if its that much it should be completely redone right?let me know.....

Why rebuild it stock ?? Why not put a little extra breathing capabilities behind it while you're at it !!:D

Why rebuild it stock ?? Why not put a little extra breathing capabilities behind it while you're at it !!:D
because its for who my wife calls hag bag, a true vehicle jinx.it drives 600 miles every week .better off leave it alone and just make it fresh again.then i dont have to screw around with it and can work on my junk.....it's not mine if it was it would get a turbo.and i'm not ready to yank my w2 360 for a 6 even if it could go faster.....

The best reason to go back with a stock head build is because unless you go all out on it, you're not going to make much difference. The ports are so poor, that they need the help of porting, polishing and larger valves all together to really make an appreciable difference. Besides that, nothing wrong with a stock slant. Word on the street is they have a pretty good reputation. ;)

stroker your 100% correct,the rest is factory,except i got a dist from pick and pull for 14.00 and i had the box and wire...they put in all new valves and seats (you only do the ex. right?)for seats i mean.they also surfaced the head.so tommorrow it will run again.then i will not have to touch it for a while....:happy1:

Some head places will just swap it out as a core and sell you a remanufactured one, ready to go. If you get a later head, youll get induction hardend exhaust seats. IF you get a later head that was hydraulic lifter equipped, youll need the valve cover too.

i had the same head done,i bought a rebuild for a different slant before spent almost 500 and it was the biggest piece of **** i ve ever bought.

-
Back