Could not help myself. Picked up another early a.

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
65 Dart gt. Nicely built 273, 4 speed and 8 3/4 with 3.23 sure grip. Drive line is brand new, suspension rebuilt and interior dis-assembled but complete even has original 4 speed shift plate. Body very solid but she needs a lot to be finished. Still very excited. Only two pics on my cell. Will post more when she arrives tomorrow.

20161026_120809.jpg

20161026_120600.jpg

Those headers are awesome. I'm partial to the oldschool look thou.
Believe they are older doug's units but not positive.
Maybe a member here can ID them.

Very cool. I can't wait to see more. Looks like it was built to run; I see some "go fast" parts in the pictures.

No doubt. Build was started by a lawyer in Spartanburg South Carolina that got hit with a nasty divorce and never had finished. He had a fire sale on several awesome mopars.

I'm excited to see more pics of this car!! Looks like you made a nice find, congrats are definetly in order!!

Thanks. A definite project but cant wait to get her home and start sorting thru stuff. Found one more phone pic i took.Trunk is a treasure trove. All body trim and interior stuff including shift plate, an original 65 4 bbl manifold, dual point distributor and 4 bbl carter carb plus an oldschool cool can.

20161026_120843.jpg

All of the good and hard to find stuff is there so it should go together smoothe.

Gonna go slow but first goal is gonna be to sort thru everyhing and make her road worthy, then worry about cosmetics. Has ansen wheels on her now but front and back have been upgraded to big bolt pattern which is awesome for opening up cool wheel choices in future.

Your hogging all the good Cars Bruce!! Nice find buddy! Can't wait to get home and see it! Where did you find it? I picked up a 63 Dart Wagon and didn't have to do anything! Well pay for it I guess...... hope all is well, see you in a few months!

A 63 dart wagon. That is awesome Rick. Found this in the outer banks area of NC? Mopar hoarder with loads of stuff.
Hope deployment has gone well. Arg.
Can't wait to catch up when you return.
Beach swap meet and Spring Carlisle are right around the corner.

Was very difficult to keep poker face when I saw the number 31 under ab on fender tag.lol.
She is seriously modified and needs some major TLC but is original commando 4 speed car.

Not many of those around anymore.
Great find. Good luck.
I actually reverted from 67 up to early a interest.
Found 65 dart vert s 3 spd column.
Putting on floor 4spd. Frame rail work. But really cool rare cars.
Keep us informed.

Dave

Cool Car! Good luck with the project. I have
StanSuffolkSmall.jpg
Great memories from Suffolk. Here is me back in the day!

Dougs early ones? Them's Hedman Husslers....or some homegrown...The look a little rough to be Hedmans though

Cool Car! Good luck with the project. I have View attachment 1714986211 Great memories from Suffolk. Here is me back in the day!
Awesome picture. Thanks Hyper_pak.
Wish they would open that track back up as it is still in place.Concrete to boot. The Airport hardly has any flights and would be huge for the local economy.

-
Back