couldn't help it... bought myself a b-day present...

-
Very nice and clean car Joe, congrats....I just bought a Dart Vert....& Love it, Hope you enjoy it

Got nooo problems with the Fox body 5.0
Had a brand new white GT 5.0 in 92. One of my all time favorite cars.
Have been looking at 92-93 LX notchbacks off and on for a couple years.
Also like the P-71 Crown Vic's.
Congrats Joe.

Is that the police package crown Vic? I thought about picking on of them up.

Is that the police package crown Vic? I thought about picking on of them up.

Yes it is. P71 is in the vin number for the police package.
Cop brakes,Cop cooling,Cop trans, you know the deal.
Look for the unmarked detective cars.
Not all rode hard and put away wet like the black and white cars.
Again,congrats on the the 5.0 !

Happy B-Day Joe. Nice Stang there. Drop the top, load the family, and enjoy. By the way, I kinda like yellow too.

So... even though you say it won't be a drag car... there's no way you're gonna leave it all stock, is there? Gotta upgrade those wheels/tires.. and if you're gonna do that, gotta lower it a bit and dial in the suspension...

what plans you got for it?

So... even though you say it won't be a drag car... there's no way you're gonna leave it all stock, is there? Gotta upgrade those wheels/tires.. and if you're gonna do that, gotta lower it a bit and dial in the suspension...

what plans you got for it?

No real plans for it. Just cruise it.

I did pull the air silencer out and bumped the timing up a little and I'll probably put a k&n filter in it.

I like the wheels so they will stay. Just gonna try to keep the white clean and enjoy it.

Yea I guess I have a soft spot for a yellow car. Dart is 94 mustang yellow but my sister picked that color when I originally put it together for her.

Hell I'll probably even keep the 2:73 gears in it. Talk about a highway car. Lol.

Cant go wrong with a 5.0 liter foxbody. I have been lookin for a 1979-1982 Mustang or Capri with T Tops for awhile and still looking hope to finally find one. Good luck with yours.

Don't see many Capris around anymore. A friend had one years ago. Neat car. Was different looking.

Congrats on the new purchase, I really like the color combination! I love fox bodies!

Yea my dad used to have an 82 back in the early 90s when he was much younger. He wishes he would have kept it. It was a Burgundy 5.0 4 speed with T tops and louvers and a burgundy interior. It was a good lookin car.

Happy B day Joe! Have owned 4 5.0s,hard car to beat for the money.

With my rag top down so my hair can blow! Nice ride dude.. I love that ford 5.0!

Soundalike good colors on it.

My buddies was white with a reddish int.

These fox bodies really are a lot of fun. Cruised to my buddies the other morning. Top down of course. So I get to the main road and lay into it. With a 2.73 gear it really comes alive at like 35 mph. Never stops pulling. I was giggling like a kid. Thinking about it now I must have looked like an idiot. Lol. Lucky if it's a low 15 second car but damn is it fun to drive.

Gonna part the yellow dart out next. Kept talking myself out of it. Then I started adding up what it was gonna cost to do everything. I said screw that. Especially with Jamie's spotless 70 dart sitting there. Just didn't make Sense to keep going with it. So I pulled the trigger on the stang. Would cost me twice what I paid for the mustang to get the dart close to what the mustang already is. And in the end I really wanted a convertible.

your parting out the '71? I thought you had alterkation ect in that one?

Yup 71 is coming apart. The alter-k will go into Jamie's 70.
It's I a lot better shape then the yellow one.

IMG_1851-1.jpg

Nice score, Joe!!! Just like you, I saw the ad for the maroon 'vert and it got me thinking I need me a 5.0....I had a '89 GT years ago and loved it...Seems like the late 80's 5.0's are making a comeback. My neighbor scored a '87 GT off Craigslist for $1000.00 all original - 106K miles.

Why part the 71 cant you just put it on the back burner for awhile?
Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

still gonna need the same stuff and maybe more after sitting for god knows how long. and we all know that prices of the parts are not going to come down any. not worth it to me.

we have as spotless as ya can get 70 dart here that my yellow cars driveline and suspension will go in, a friend wants the wheels,gauges tail lights and the shell. figure i can part out and sell the rest of the pieces. just makes sense. ya can't save them all. and in the end its just a slant 6 dart.

-
Back