Country singer Toby Keith dead at 62

-
Wow, I knew he was in really bad health. Shame. I didn't realize he was that old(no offense, he's older than me)
Rip Toby, I'll tip a Red Solo Cup in your honor.

I did like the songs of his that made the radio, never heard any of the "B side" stuff".
I hate to hear of people near our age checking out!

Stomach cancer took a guy I knew in 1981. That stuff is nasty. He was 31 or 32. I'm a fan of Toby's, but my favorite of his is the live version of Mockingbird with his daughter. He just seemed to be having so much fun.

Waaaaay too young.
I always enjoyed his songs.

Last edited:
Shoulda been a cowboy, and How do you like me now?, are a couple of my favorites. This is a good one for Christmas:

Last edited:
This was his last performance at The People's Choice Awards back in September last year. You can sure tell he'd been through it too.

RIP, Toby. "Should've Been a Cowboy" was really the only song I liked of his, but I know a lot of people were huge fans. At least he's not suffering anymore.

Ok, so this one may get me booted out of here, but in my defense, "I told y'all ahead of time!" (My Intro post: New member with an interesting story.)

I'm not much of a "New Country" fan, but as a long time Ford truck man, my first introduction to Toby Keith's music was right here:

Man, I love that truck!

Anyway, this was what got me into his music, and it saddens me to hear of his passing.

RIP, Mr. Keith.

Well that completely sucks. He's one of my favorites, and a guy that by all appearances is exactly what he looks to be. A no-nonsense standup guy I'd want in my corner if things went bad. Wish to God this world could find a cure for cancer.

-
Back