Couple minutes of tire thrashing the Dart

-

clinteg

Reaction score
Took a little cruise a couple weeks ago to test an oil leak solution (which didn't work). So I strapped the GoPro on my chest and took off. I didn't really want to post where I was or how fast I was actually going (never know who's watching) so I blurred the gauges (I know, lame). I'd never done this POV before so it was an experiment.

Last edited:
sounds great - can't tell where you are at all - so how fast did ya go? LOL at "woo" moment - did ya get 'er sideways?

Yep she kicked out pretty hard at that moment before I said "woo!" lol. I accidentally pulled it into first instead of leaving it in second so it spun hard on me.

Yep she kicked out pretty hard at that moment before I said "woo!" lol. I accidentally pulled it into first instead of leaving it in second so it spun hard on me.
fun when it's intentional - "interesting" when you're not expecting it! I did it last year at the bottom of my driveway right as I was headed out onto the street... the wheel was barely turned - 1st gear, 3/4 throttle and BAM, I was 1/2 sideways looking back up toward my house --- got out of her QUICK! "WOO"!! LOL

Sounds great. The blurring does take the fun out of it. Kinda like those Japanese portobello sites that blur the good parts. Very cool car.

Took a little cruise a couple weeks ago to test an oil leak solution (which didn't work). So I strapped the GoPro on my chest and took off. I didn't really want to post where I was or how fast I was actually going (never know who's watching) so I blurred the gauges (I know, lame). I'd never done this POV before so it was an experiment.

Man, you are so busted!!!!

To hit 126, you're probably running 4.30s,Ima guessing.
That means top of second is about 86 mph
With 4.11s it would be 90ish..........
So send me $50 and I won't tell,heehee

And yeah; it does sound great!

To hit 126, you're probably running 4.30s,Ima guessing.
That means top of second is about 86 mph
With 4.11s it would be 90ish..........
So send me $50 and I won't tell,heehee

And yeah; it does sound great!

Running 4.10's so you're close! But how do you know what rpm I'm running when it's blurred hehe. It's over 90 mph pretty sure when I leave second (about 7K rpm). I don't know 100% because the car accelerates faster than the speedometer needle will move so I don't know the real time speed. It's close but not completely accurate.

Ok fine ya'll talked me in to it. I suppose one can't prove that I wasn't on a track or something right? HA! But, that is a GPS speedo.... :eek:. Speaking of, it looks like the speedo is off about 5-10 mph under hard acceleration since it wasn't designed to move that fast I guess. SpeedHut acknowledged the problem and said they'd try to improve the speed of it and get back with me. They never have of course. They said "It's accurate in the boss' car and it's like a 12 second car or something". I said "Well the car it's in runs in the high 10's currently and I notice that the speedometer needle is still running up for just a second or so after I'm already decelerating like it's trying to catch up." Then I showed them a video and they were somewhat baffled. These things are in faster cars. I bet not many people have even noticed or they just don't care. I was all about getting it fixed but now I'm just like oh well!

Fixed the original post too.

-
Back