Couple new pics of my Dart progress

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
Well I painted my 68 last fall, been working on it when I can to finish the color sanding and buffing, have it all done except for pass side qtr panel.

Anyway have 2/3's of my BB stripe installed, so I thought I'd drive her out of the garage for a couple new pics. Interior is B5 Blue, thats why I went with blue for the BBstripe.

Now just waiting on money for a new back-glass, and the repaint the grill, install the new bumpers, put the interior back together... etc. etc.

Anyway hope you like the pics.

Attachments

• S5004332.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 271
  • S5004331.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 260
  • S5004333.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 265
  • S5004334.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 278
Looks really good. Nice work. That is a damn nice car with that color combination. :thumblef::thumleft:

this is one of my favorite color combinations. you nailed it. the blue interior limits your choices for exterior color but you have accented it nicely. I really like the wheels. are they custom painted torque thrusts?

Thanks for the compliments guys.

The paint is the original color, W1 white.

The wheels are Rev wheels Classic 100's,, you can find them on ebag motors, just search for "Rev wheels" or "Revolution wheels". They are licensed by American Racing, and thats what they say on the center caps.
They have them in several sizes and finishes, chrome, polished, or painted gray spoke like the ones I bought. Mine are 15x7 on rear, 15x6 on front. And yes, they are LBP.

Mine are 15x7 on rear, 15x6 on front. And yes, they are LBP.

Nice car.

What did you do for your LBP conversion? Did you go discs in the front" what size rear brakes? I have converted to LBP and have front discs and 11x2.5 rear drums on a stock A-body 8-3/4 and am having issues finding rims that fit.
What size tires are you running too?

Nice car.

What did you do for your LBP conversion? Did you go discs in the front" what size rear brakes? I have converted to LBP and have front discs and 11x2.5 rear drums on a stock A-body 8-3/4 and am having issues finding rims that fit.
What size tires are you running too?

I did my rear bolt conversion using Moser axles, with A-body offset, so I was able to use my original backing plates and drums. Just had to re-drill the drums for the bigger bolt pattern. If you buy them with B-body offset, then you have to upgrade to b-body backing plates and drums and shoes etc.
My rear brakes were all new so I didnt want to swap them out for the larger ones.

Front already had the Kelsey Hayes 4-piston disk brakes. (already rebuilt) so instead of the standard later model spindles, etc. I did the Mustang unicast rotor swap, which lets you keep the same spindles/calipers but gives you LBP. Theres a whole thread about that swap in the "brakes" section of this site.

Tires on rear are 225/60-15 fronts are 205/60-15, but I think they are still a little wide for the 6" rim. Thinking of swapping the fronts out for something like a 195/65-15 or 195/70-15
not sure if those sizes are available in the t/a radial. But i'd like something a little skinny'r and taller.

love the way the car looks.. cant wait to see more.. do you know if those wheels are available in a sbp?

love the way the car looks.. cant wait to see more.. do you know if those wheels are available in a sbp?

Pretty sure they are not available in sbp.

Heres a closer up pic,, they are really nice wheels, and were not to expensive. I'm very happy with them.

Attachments

• S5002666.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 220
I did my rear bolt conversion using Moser axles, with A-body offset, so I was able to use my original backing plates and drums. Just had to re-drill the drums for the bigger bolt pattern. If you buy them with B-body offset, then you have to upgrade to b-body backing plates and drums and shoes etc.
My rear brakes were all new so I didnt want to swap them out for the larger ones.

Front already had the Kelsey Hayes 4-piston disk brakes. (already rebuilt) so instead of the standard later model spindles, etc. I did the Mustang unicast rotor swap, which lets you keep the same spindles/calipers but gives you LBP. Theres a whole thread about that swap in the "brakes" section of this site.

Tires on rear are 225/60-15 fronts are 205/60-15, but I think they are still a little wide for the 6" rim. Thinking of swapping the fronts out for something like a 195/65-15 or 195/70-15
not sure if those sizes are available in the t/a radial. But i'd like something a little skinny'r and taller.

Thanks, That explains why these fit your car, but not mine. My 73-up Front discs and 2.5" wide rear drums are forcing me to order custom offset wheels. So instead of $500 for a set of rims its $1300......

Generally I don't care for a white car, but those blue stripes really set that color off. Looks great.
Great color/stripe/wheel combo.
Need more pics as you progress further.

Non sense my dads been runnin 275-60-15 on 5.5 inch wheels no probs last 20 plus years

Well, i'm sure they will work just fine. But what I meant was I personally dont like the way they look, just look a little to short and fat. I was just thinking of changing them to something a little skinny'r and taller to better match the height of the rears.

-
Back