Couple questions on 1969 dart

-

Erik Andersen

Putting ex drag car back to driver 69/GTS
Reaction score
I bought a qa1 stage 2 suspension kit and hotchkis lowering springs for the rear with sway bars. I also bought firmfeel 1." Torsion bars for the front. Here is one of the questions 1. With lowering the rear down with the springs is there enough adjustment in the torsion bars to lower it to level? And my second 2. With having lowering springs and rear sway bar is it possible to run a traction bar on the rear?

I plan to run a rear sway bar and traction bars.
IMG_20170822_200354.jpg
IMG_20170822_200420.jpg

I bought a qa1 stage 2 suspension kit and hotchkis lowering springs for the rear with sway bars. I also bought firmfeel 1." Torsion bars for the front. Here is one of the questions 1. With lowering the rear down with the springs is there enough adjustment in the torsion bars to lower it to level? And my second 2. With having lowering springs and rear sway bar is it possible to run a traction bar on the rear?
I did a tubular a arm and disc conversion on my 67, you may be up against your stops on the lower control arms or just above them. Depending on if or what kind of headers you are going use you may run the risk of dragging them.. I had to crank my torsion bars up some to give me some clearance.

I did a tubular a arm and disc conversion on my 67, you may be up against your stops on the lower control arms or just above them. Depending on if or what kind of headers you are going use you may run the risk of dragging them.. I had to crank my torsion bars up some to give me some clearance.
My car won't be sitting higher in the front end will it? My goal is flat or a tad lower in the front. Or will I need to get drop spindles in the front?

My car won't be sitting higher in the front end will it? My goal is flat or a tad lower in the front. Or will I need to get drop spindles in the front?

Suspension can be trial and error.. since everything is new it will take some time and adjustment.. after you get it all together you are going to have to drive it some miles and let it flex... once it settles in you can make your stance adjustments and then get it realigned...

I this for a street car?
My experience was that on the street,there comes a point where low quickly meets too-low.
For me this was about 5.5" as measured at the lowest point at the center of the K-member. It made driving into an exercise of constantly watching the pavement. And this with TTI above-the-steering,headers.
At 6" now, I can ignore the road for the most part. The sills are about parallel with the level alignment rack, to slightly higher at the back., about as low as I could make it and still run 325s in the factory tubs.
It turned out, that for my driving style, and the local environment, the extra 1/2 inch front height made no meaningful handling difference.
Sticky 245/50-15s did however make a huge difference over BFG235/60-14s. The 14s are about 1/2 inch taller(25.1)than the 15s(24.6), making 1/4" difference in the ride-height. The 15"wheels were custom BS Wheel Vintique rallys.

I this for a street car?
My experience was that on the street,there comes a point where low quickly meets too-low.
For me this was about 5.5" as measured at the lowest point at the center of the K-member. It made driving into an exercise of constantly watching the pavement. And this with TTI above-the-steering,headers.
At 6" now, I can ignore the road for the most part. The sills are about parallel with the level alignment rack, to slightly higher at the back., about as low as I could make it and still run 325s in the factory tubs.
It turned out, that for my driving style, and the local environment, the extra 1/2 inch front height made no meaningful handling difference.
Sticky 245/50-15s did however make a huge difference over BFG235/60-14s. The 14s are about 1/2 inch taller(25.1)than the 15s(24.6), making 1/4" difference in the ride-height. The 15"wheels were custom BS Wheel Vintique rallys.
I went with wilwood discs front and rear and upgraded to a 5-4.5 bolt pattern. They said I need to run at least a 15" rim. I also bought a hotchkis quick ratio pitman arm and hoping I can use it. I upgraded to a stage 3 firmfeel power steering box. I think I will need to use the tti headers. Qa1 k member hopefully gives me some space also.

-
Back