Covering bare metal

-

grassy

Reaction score
Folks,

I am going to be taking body panels back to bare metal ( soda blasting unless I can figure a better way) and electrolysis for the parts .

International sells a one pack alkyd primer that is designed to roll / brush on but I have seen it diluted and sprayed.. and after sitting out in the rain and snow for 8 years, the car bodies that were sprayed haven't started to rust yet. Is there something better I should be using ?

As for the suspension parts, should I be using a product like POR 15 or TREMCLAD® Rust Paint made by Rust-oleum ?

Thanx

Folks,

I am going to be taking body panels back to bare metal ( soda blasting unless I can figure a better way) and electrolysis for the parts .

International sells a one pack alkyd primer that is designed to roll / brush on but I have seen it diluted and sprayed.. and after sitting out in the rain and snow for 8 years, the car bodies that were sprayed haven't started to rust yet. Is there something better I should be using ?

As for the suspension parts, should I be using a product like POR 15 or TREMCLAD® Rust Paint made by Rust-oleum ?

Thanx
Epoxy primer is made for bare metal and would use that if it was me. PPG DP-40 LF works great I use it all the time.
If you have rust that you don't plan on removing it all on the suspension POR-15 is great but would use POR-15 metal prep first. Just what I do and works great for me.

-
Back