Cowl hood or Hemi scoop?

-
I don't think the "Cow Induction" scoop would look good on your car period. The 67-69 Dart is about the only car that can pull off the "Hemi" scoop, (square body, square scoop) what about a mid 60's ramcharger style, looks good & is a little less "In your face". if you get my meaning. lol

My preference and just that, my prefernce... No hemi, no Hemi hood scoop. And your not running a 396 are you?

here's a pic of my car with a cowl hood. it is your car so do what you like. coming to this site and asking about putting anything other then a Mopar based part is like throwing gas on a fire. you will be bashed to know end take my word for it. I took it trying to sell my cuda with a non mopar type hood.

2011-09-04_18-52-05_339-1.jpg

Jason its you car bud do what you think looks good on it as long as its not the chevy hood

in the end it is your car, your build. and your decision. and your decision is what will matter everytime go out to the car. if you let someone else decide for you you wont enjoy looking at it, driving it, or for that matter owning it any more. the passion you have for the car will be lost. and that would be ashame.

Not to worry I mostly always do what I want to do (unless my wife says other wise)... maybe I should just ask her! lol Lets talk about functional scoops for space. I will have a high rise intake with a 90* elbow coming off the top, space will be at a premium to say the least. Do either of these two scoops give the added space I need (prolly 2-4").

Go with a custom SRT style hood.
I got a cowl style hood an a Dodge Mirada and I catch alot **** at Mopar shows.

Go with a custom SRT style hood.
I got a cowl style hood an a Dodge Mirada and I catch alot **** at Mopar shows.

I'm lookin into the SRT style hood as well I have one on my charger and love it... To be quite honest I could careless if someone gave me **** about any part I put on my car... hell they are gonna love my TH400 and 9" rear huh? lol

Not to worry I mostly always do what I want to do (unless my wife says other wise)... maybe I should just ask her! lol Lets talk about functional scoops for space. I will have a high rise intake with a 90* elbow coming off the top, space will be at a premium to say the least. Do either of these two scoops give the added space I need (prolly 2-4").

my slant has a 2" spacer with the 600 sitting on that... the plate is flat for the filter and its 4" tall... so there is still enough room for maybe another 1/2 or so for more filter...

One of my concerns is a intercooler pipe going from the intercooler to the 90° elbow. Need to make sure that coming from the front to the middle of the engine is going to have enough room not just in the middle but from front to back

Direct Connection Cowl Induction scoop on a Dart Sport hood (notice it even has the body line down the center of the scoop) :glasses7:

S5000863.jpg

See, CI wasn't just for Chebies :D

Here's a question: Do you actually need the clearance? If you don't go for the clean lines of a flat hood.

I have a 67 Dart and was all set to do the Hemi scoop thing on my Dart. I really like the look and if you have the right car, i.e. a big block or hemi with a cross ram intake and two Holley's sitting off center. Since I am putting a 6.1L Hemi in the car, I don't need the clearance, and finally decided to go for a more "industrial" look. I am painting the car the creamy Imperial white with dark window tint, black 15" rims with dog dish hub caps. The only non-stock exterior cue will be a mini tub with with P325 tires out back and P225 tires up front.

It sounds like you're going for a pro-touring / custom look. In this case I'd go with either the twin scoops like the one's on A-Body Joes Dart or perhaps the early 70s twin snorkel scoop, but I'd opt for nothing at all.

If you're going to put a cowl hood on it, why not go all the way and paint it bitchen' blue Camaro too?

There's a whole series of posts on this website of stupid stuff people say about Mopars. For example: In reference to one poster's 70 340 Duster, "Look there's a Nova!" So don't put a cowl hood a Mopar, they never came with one, they will forever tie your car to that other Detroit automaker, and they're like a belly button, everyone has one.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

best bet would be to get all the engine stuff done then see just how much hood clearence is actually needed. by lying a straight edge from fender to fender and measure.

I have a 440 with a wieand team G intake for a dominator with a 1/2" spacer and the front bowl of the carb sticks up just about a 1/8" out the hood. you can see my hood isnt tall and have lots of clearance.

I did that on my 70 El Camino.Drove it in the elements(with wrinkewalls).Not a single problem,other than water spots on chrome and polish.

Here's a question: Do you actually need the clearance? If you don't go for the clean lines of a flat hood.

I have a 67 Dart and was all set to do the Hemi scoop thing on my Dart. I really like the look and if you have the right car, i.e. a big block or hemi with a cross ram intake and two Holley's sitting off center. Since I am putting a 6.1L Hemi in the car, I don't need the clearance, and finally decided to go for a more "industrial" look. I am painting the car the creamy Imperial white with dark window tint, black 15" rims with dog dish hub caps. The only non-stock exterior cue will be a mini tub with with P325 tires out back and P225 tires up front.

It sounds like you're going for a pro-touring / custom look. In this case I'd go with either the twin scoops like the one's on A-Body Joes Dart or perhaps the early 70s twin snorkel scoop, but I'd opt for nothing at all.

If you're going to put a cowl hood on it, why not go all the way and paint it bitchen' blue Camaro too?

There's a whole series of posts on this website of stupid stuff people say about Mopars. For example: In reference to one poster's 70 340 Duster, "Look there's a Nova!" So don't put a cowl hood a Mopar, they never came with one, they will forever tie your car to that other Detroit automaker, and they're like a belly button, everyone has one.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Sounds like you have a nice opinion on cowl scooped Mopars :wack: typical!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7eAEae0kFg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7eAEae0kFg[/ame]

If you want it to complement the lines of the car, go with a cowl and make sure it is one without a ridge in the middle of it. Nice and smooth will perfectly complement your ride. Hemi's overdone anyway...

Cowl hoods look like crap on a Mopar. Sorry but that is my opinion and I don't care how "Nice" you think your car looks with one.

Want you Mopar to look like a Nova? Go for it.

-
Back