COX communications

-

moe7404

moe7404
Reaction score
been having trouble with COX. just one issue is the speed. they say up to 100 mbds. the BEST i have ever got is 14. after talking for 1 hr to fix things. the next day at 10:30 PM i can only get 7-8 mbds. what did they do to me? my son says that speed is good enough to seen my drag race on ESPN3 on the internet. he says that the trouble is at ESPN3s side. but we have a change from business to privet issue that they just keep moving you from one person to another. if incompetence was a valve commodity they wouldnt need to be in the business they are in. AND they do NOT give a min speed.

cox...41mbds download....12 upload..

what modem do you have?

I happen to work in the internet business. I work for AT&T. I have for over 20 years.
I have installed and repaired all sorts of internet issues. With Cox, to get Max advertised speed, you need a home run, that is a dedicated coax run from the MPOE, where it comes into your home. NO spltters on the line. Cox repairman needs to check speed at MPOE and at modem location. And compare. If slow speed is seen at MPOE than Cox needs to fix. MPOE is the legal term for Minimum Point Of Entry. where the wiring goes from coxes responsibility and where yours starts. MT

No problem, AND if any service provider cant show NEAR advertised speed at mope, they need to give you a discount on your bill and give you retro back payments, but you will have to tell them you will lodge a complaint with the P.U.C. Public utilities commission. They will pay attention then! just because a provider does not guarantee a Max speed does not mean that they are not responsible for a WORKING service. What working servive means is different for different customers. IF your paying for High speed service it needs to be High speed. 6 meg provided while you are paying for 100 is not considered a "working" service. MT

Had them when we were in AZ. Had numerous speed/connecton issues. Started from day1. There junction box was in my front yard. Wish I had a dollar for everytime they trashed my landscaping, having to open the box and tweak things. Had a ghost issue with the tv. They would fix it, 2 days later it would show up on a different channel. Glad one of there techs lived in the 'hood, would just go knock on his door. One the ghosts hit every chanel that wad the end...Neighbor's brother was a Direct TV hacker, had 900+ channels...
The internet...when I could connect was fast...but never reached 70% of the claimed speeds. During one of there attempts of fixing it they melted several boards in there facility that serviced our hood. Half the folks in my hood were without cable/phone/Internet for close to a week...no compensation was given on our bills....
not the Century Link is any better...

-
Back