Coyote engine swap

-
Next thing you know your gonna tell me the 'yote engines have aftermarket support
I can tell ya this, buy a 2020 GT 'stang and a 2020 RT chally and save the mopar crowd embarrassment by not racing. And..... ahemmmmm.... a good manual driver in the 'stang and the Scat Pack might even be in for the dog fight of it's life. Yep, a plain jane GT....

I can tell ya this, buy a 2020 GT 'stang and a 2020 RT chally and save the mopar crowd embarrassment by not racing. And..... ahemmmmm.... a good manual driver in the 'stang and the Scat Pack might even be in for the dog fight of it's life. Yep, a plain jane GT....
I'd be curious to see what the weight difference is between the two...the challenge sure looks like she's got big bones

Just looked it up, the pony is 3700ish pounds the challenge 4100

Last edited:
I'd be curious to see what the weight difference is between the two...the challenge sure looks like she's got big bones

Just looked it up, the pony is 3700ish pounds the challenge 4100
yeah, the challengers are the heaviest of the 3

I found this video when looking at a bunch of mustang videos. Check out 13:00 when a dodge demon does a run on the dyno compared to all the old mustangs lol

even base model cars, whether it be Camaro, 'Stang, or Challenger, the performance world has changed. The 4 cyl 'stang runs high 13's in manual form. Just amazing anymore.

diymirage What ya disagreeing with ????

"The 2020 Ford Mustang comes equipped with a 2.3-liter Inline 4 that makes 310 hp @ 5500 rpm and 350 lbs.-ft. @ 3000 rpm of torque. The car takes 5.1 seconds to reach 60 MPH from a standstill while it is able to run a quarter-mile in 13.7 seconds".

Didn't your 408 Duster turn 14's in it's trip to the strip???? :poke::poke:

diymirage What ya disagreeing with ????

"The 2020 Ford Mustang comes equipped with a 2.3-liter Inline 4 that makes 310 hp @ 5500 rpm and 350 lbs.-ft. @ 3000 rpm of torque. The car takes 5.1 seconds to reach 60 MPH from a standstill while it is able to run a quarter-mile in 13.7 seconds".

Didn't your 408 Duster turn 14's in it's trip to the strip???? :poke::poke:
Just fat fingered it...and my duster ran the bowl dry at the top of second...my 1/8 speed was actually higher then my 1/4

yeah, the challengers are the heaviest of the 3

Even so , last I heard , nhra took 25 lbs off the mustang and camaro , and added 25 to the challengers to stop them from dominating again -----------jfyi

Even so , last I heard , nhra took 25 lbs off the mustang and camaro , and added 25 to the challengers to stop them from dominating again -----------jfyi
G.M. has the controlling interest in NHRA I was told. If you can't beat them give them a handicap or ban them. Same thing happened to the wing cars. If you can't beat them ban them.

Would be a cool swap. Those motors are wide or you would probably see alot more swaps using them.

I would say go for it.
This is getting back to Hot Rodding at it's grass roots.
Back when you found a good Cadillac V8 engine in the junk yard and fabricated everything to make it fit in your '32 Ford coupe.
Or how about a 392 Hemi in a Willys Gasser?
People would be patting you on the back and saying how awesome it was and asking how you did it.
Nowadays, it's looked at as if it's blasphemy or something.
Times have sure changed.........

Who can argue with torque like this:
edl-46126_xl.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

-
Back