CPP 63-74 front brake conversion kit Banjo bolt

-

Confusedcuda

Reaction score
I have the CPP drum to front disc conversion kit I got from Classic ind. (their part#MN5004, CPP# A6374CBK-S) I noticed when I got the kit it came with some extra banjo bolts, sizes all seemed a little different. I have installed and when I went to bleed them, it seems I'm getting air around where the brake line and the banjo bolt and caliper meet. My rear set seems fine. Anybody have any idea what size of banjo bolt is SUPPOSED to be in these front calipers? CPP has you leave a short message and your phone# at their tech line. We will see. I have both washers installed, thanks.

I have the CPP drum to front disc conversion kit I got from Classic ind. (their part#MN5004, CPP# A6374CBK-S) I noticed when I got the kit it came with some extra banjo bolts, sizes all seemed a little different. I have installed and when I went to bleed them, it seems I'm getting air around where the brake line and the banjo bolt and caliper meet. My rear set seems fine. Anybody have any idea what size of banjo bolt is SUPPOSED to be in these front calipers? CPP has you leave a short message and your phone# at their tech line. We will see. I have both washers installed, thanks.
Common for supplied crush washers to need annealing, been a lot of threads on this lately.
By the way, they ARE copper washers, right? Anything else, throw them out and get copper.
To anneal them, hold them in a pair of pliers and heat them up cherry red with a torch, then quench them. Install.

got on CPP website no instructions for Abody mopars but found a page called Brake Line Tips found out that I had the brake line flipped at the caliper one side has an indition that won't let the line seal with the caliper. Some instructions with the brakes would be nice thanks

-
Back