CPPA headers

-

mopar7172

Banned
Reaction score
would the CPPA a-body big block headers work with power steering?would i have to cut the inner fenders half way out to make them fit?

If I remember right, the BB cppa headers do not work with P/S. But I'm not 100 % sure.

Call TTI and ask. Since they bought CPPA out, they oughtta know.

I have those same headers and yes you have to cut some of the inner fender out and no I don't think they will fit PS. I don't have P/S, but I don't think there is room for them, mine are 2" diameter, but I don't think that will make a difference.

For what it is worth, they fit very tight up along side the auto trans. Not sure why they angled them the way they did. Other than that, they do fit pretty good.

I have those same headers and yes you have to cut some of the inner fender out and no I don't think they will fit PS. I don't have P/S, but I don't think there is room for them, mine are 2" diameter, but I don't think that will make a difference.

For what it is worth, they fit very tight up along side the auto trans. Not sure why they angled them the way they did. Other than that, they do fit pretty good.
they are the under the chasis headers? are yours the same?

Just struggled putting CPPA's(1 3/4") in my 1967 Barracuda Formula S with the 383-4. They do fit...no PS, captures small starter, no cutting or hammer work, etc. They went in from below with car jacked high as possible. Driver's side needed steering box bolts(3) removed but shaft intact. Had to lift motor/trans with crane till trans housing hit tunnel and used pry bar to move motor left/right. Passenger side easier but still needed pry bar to gain clearances. Removal of PIA motor mounts might help. Collectors near deep trans pan. Need lots of patience to put starter wires on or just buy Schumachers...Retired mechanic(brother) and I are still having nightmares. PS...forgot that we had to drop steering linkage too.

were they the same as proparts headers? if so we got them to fit a 440 dart with power steering. tights as hell but they were on there..

I am not familiar with the pro parts headers. I've had these CPPA for some time(> 5 yrs) hanging on the wall. We had a 400/472 stroker in there with the stock cast iron exhaust manifolds. When that motor was on the stand the driver's side front tube(#1 cylinder) hit the Mopar black valve cover near the #5 cylinder and needed a 1/2" spacer between the tube and the flange. Frustrated, we pulled that motor and placed it in Dakota with hand fabricated headers that ran in high 9"s. Meanwhile the Barracuda has sat inside untill I finally got off my butt and we rebuilt/blueprinted original 383-4. Hope to have it up and running shortly.

the old cppa headers are not the same as the ttis. they took the design and tried to improve them a little. on my cars i have 1 3/4" ttis on a 400 with power steering and a set of 2" on a 431 with stealth heads and manual steering. ps wouldnt work on those. they were made for the rb block only and i had to move 2 tubes to clear the starter and the steering column outer jacket for the coulumn shift. i bought them from a guy and to me, they look a little different than the ttis currently sold and the old cppa. i think they must have been an early set of tti.

The TTi's (old CPPA's) will not fit with P/S, and as far as I know the only ones that will, are the ones from Schamacher Creative Services. They are made by TTi for Schumacher to their specs and the fit and quality are very good. They don't capture the starter and TTi even has all the pieces you need to make them work with their complete exhaust.

another shot showing P/S box and starter.

Backcover.jpg

the tri y are definitely nice, you jsut give up a little hp up top. i wanted to get a set for my duster to help with ground clearance as its a little low, but i already had the 1 3/4 tti fro mmy dart so i just had them coated.

The TTi's (old CPPA's) will not fit with P/S, and as far as I know the only ones that will, are the ones from Schamacher Creative Services. They are made by TTi for Schumacher to their specs and the fit and quality are very good. They don't capture the starter and TTi even has all the pieces you need to make them work with their complete exhaust.

sorry follows but i just couldn't do them at all.:wack:

-
Back