Status
Not open for further replies.

66Dvert

Working on my custom car parts again!
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a few different years 63 (if they had a dash pad) through 65 dart and valiant dash pads. I don't want good ones just need the old cracked crazed ones to strip to metal and check against my good one to build new vacuum forming molds and foam pouring mold. just to see how hard it will be to built up pouring dense foam over it in a mold and vacuforming vinyl(as soon as I can locate some non backed vinyl to test, the 4 way stretch backed vinyl worked okay but not perfect) on that new substrate. they will not be "Exactly" like the originals since I'm using vacu formed .125 ABS with glued in studs to mimic the metal substructure the original had.

so far most dash pads(externally) look just like my 66's do and it would be nice if that were true internally.
View attachment DSCF3592.jpg

I'm looking into the process of remaking an aftermarket dash pad for a 66 dart for sure (stock) and with a 3 pod turbo mod (mine):D and other years if they'll have minor mods needed to adapt.
pm me with pic's and price
thanks

Got one from a Plymouth you can have for the cost of shipping.

COOL! what year is it?
let me know how much to ship to 33597 Florida,
thanks

I'd like to get at least 1 more Plymouth and 1 more dart just to check and see if they are the same internally.

COOL! what year is it?
let me know how much to ship to 33597 Florida,
thanks

I'd like to get at least 1 more Plymouth and 1 more dart just to check and see if they are the same internally.

I think it came out of a 66 Barracuda but it was the same as in my 65 Barracuda. I'll get boxed after my Dr appointment tomorrow

Got one from 65dartman (thanks)
still looking for a 64-65 version to check and see what differences there might be between the years.

I looked at my darts 63,4,5 .... the 4 and 5 have slightly different design. the 63 is missing in action. my 65 cuda is a 273 car non gt it has no pad.

why would ma mopar make anything to interchange or be same from model to model!???? ha

I looked at my darts 63,4,5 .... the 4 and 5 have slightly different design. the 63 is missing in action. my 65 cuda is a 273 car non gt it has no pad.

why would ma mopar make anything to interchange or be same from model to model!???? ha

thanks
looks like I'll stick with doing the 65-6's that I know are similar without major changes.

FWIW the 65 and 66 Dart and Plymouth dash pads are the same at the stud mounting points so could be interchanged between Dodge and Plymouth; just the design is different. Looks like the Plymouth ones are a little more elaborate than the Dodge pads.

FWIW the 65 and 66 Dart and Plymouth dash pads are the same at the stud mounting points so could be interchanged between Dodge and Plymouth; just the design is different. Looks like the Plymouth ones are a little more elaborate than the Dodge pads.

Do you have a picture handy fpr the plymouth's the outside molds can be easily changed as long as the inner structure mounts the same

I'll google it but a members picture is usually "crisper" than the web ones

We have a 71 plymouth valiant core...

Thanks Krazykuda
I'd love to say I could do those ones. But it's going to be hard enough for me to get the early A's done first. if all goes well I just might add different pads (as long as I can test on cars near me to make sure they fit/look correct and good.)

that is not saying that I won't be doing them in a vinyl /foam pad close to the original. but it just not my Highest priority right at this time.

I have a 65 Dart one you can have for shipping

ok got a 66 dart dash pad (mine)
a 65 dart coming from salinasloel Thanks!
a 66 plymouth (or barracuda, hmm gotta go look at the message again) from 65dartman that looks like I can repair it good enough to make a nice outer mold for that fancy part THANKS
and I might have another dodge one coming from another member,just don't know the year yet.

so now I'm down to a
64 series car Dart and Plymouth (Both needed)
65 Plymouth Valiant (or barracuda if they are the same and I don't know if they are)

thanks guy for all your help

Wow, just discovered this thread. Very exciting. Any idea what time frame you would have these available? Would you offer various colors or would I need to paint/dye it?

Wow, just discovered this thread. Very exciting. Any idea what time frame you would have these available? Would you offer various colors or would I need to paint/dye it?

I haven't a clue as to the time frame. I do have (2 a 66 and a 65) plymouth ones and 1 66 dart one that will be used for a foam mold.
the plymouth are 1 to tear apart and 1 to take a female mold of the outside and make a (repaired) male plug from for doing the foam in over the new mounting structure.
so far the drawback is I'm having lots of trouble in "finding" the non backed expanded PVC vinyl that is used to vacuform over a dense foam part. I've ordered some samples from different suppliers but so far they have not been usable for my application. the metal shells have a mold/plug taken off the plymouth one and I'm waiting on another dart one to arrive so I can tear it apart and double check the differences in the shells.

the colors will be "any color" I can get my hands on that will work as of right now, but it may be subject to change if I can find other colors that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back