Craigslist Ad Old-Military-Truck-Rare?

-
Thats a nice stash, I like the last ad-word line.." Christmas present for your wife..." Old Korea Power Wagon would be sweet!

You can find many old Power Wagons and M37's in Oregon/Washington area. They were all over in use as brush fire fighting trucks and forestry use. I lived in Tacoma for awhile and it took alot of self-restraint not to drag one home. I saw more than one rust free example out in western Wa near Yakima

Yeah I caught that ad word line too, pretty funny. I too would love to have an old Power Wagon, low gears is good gears.

You can find many old Power Wagons and M37's in Oregon/Washington area. They were all over in use as brush fire fighting trucks and forestry use. I lived in Tacoma for awhile and it took alot of self-restraint not to drag one home. I saw more than one rust free example out in western Wa near Yakima

Yakima is in eastern WA. I know where there are two of those stashed away.

There's also a fairly large following of military vehicles in the Portland area

i've had an m35 "duce" and a M37 power wagon. they are lots of fun off road. m37 power wagons in running condition are worth anywhere from $6-10k depending on condition. the tandem axle power wagon is a WWII truck and that truck is worth a lot of money - maybe around $15k plus. most of those truck got left overseas after the war. if you could buy all of the pictured army trucks for $15k or less you could make some money.

The truck in the CL ad appears to be modified. It is a 3/4 ton chassis and I don't believe they ever made a tandem axle 3/4 ton style truck. Vintagepowerwagons.com would be able to tell you.

I posted this CL find about a month ago on here. I think we came to the conclusion that a lot of the trucks were modified for different jobs . I live in Yakima . We used to have a fair amount of that stuff around but its all been bought out.

Yakima is in eastern WA. I know where there are two of those stashed away.

There's also a fairly large following of military vehicles in the Portland area

I love how people define east and west. Yakima is about dead center in Washington state east to west. It's like Californians calling San Francisco "northern" California when it's equal distance north or south. There is another choice for this kind of place, central. No central California is Sacramento which ironically is north of San Francisco.

My bad, I actually mean eastern Wa. I was stationed at FtLewis and I consider anything high desert to be eastern Wa :) I bought a 1956 F600 from an apple farmer there, that bought it from the city of Yakima in the late 70's. I kept the rust free cab and doors for my F100 and sold the rest off.. The ex wife was less than impressed when I brought home a legit dump truck

Most people think of Washington as rain because they associate Washington with Seattle.
Yakima is actually in central Washington which is desert much like Phoenix. Our summers are well into the 90's and 100's for most the summer.

I've been to the location with all of the Power Wagons and Dodge trucks. Very impressive amount of stuff! I got a few small parts for my 69 D100. I bought my truck in Yakima (Union Gap)...totally rust free.

-
Back