Craigslist Find MP 360 Short Block

-

70aarcuda

Master Hoader of SBM
Legendary Member
Reaction score
found this Mopar Peformance short block about 1/2 mile from me.
P4876907

came with engine stand and holley 750 dp list-8156.

short block has never been run...has mopar 509 cam...block is a 89 roller 360 with seal power h116cp .020 pistons...they added an oild pan and pump to it...

I am going to drop pan to check everything out...and probably pull the 509 hydraulic cam out of it...

they threw the blue shipping crate away...

Picture 1007.jpg

Picture 1008.jpg

Picture 1009.jpg

I paid 700 bucks ...I think I got a good deal...

Considering the short blocks were selling for$1400-$1500 I'd say it's a good deal. Which compression ratio was that one advertised as?

p4876907 is the advertised at 8.5...I need to check the deck height on the short block to see where the pistons are actually at.

I also have a p4876908 which is advertised at 9.5....and that one actually has the pistons above the deck height......I think they are .015 out...dont remember..it is still in shipping crate.

Just looked at the p/n of the short block I had. That's the one I was running. Put some eddy heads on it and run 12. Teens... :)

Brian has a pretty nice little hyd roller cam at the shop he was selling. Not too big at 236 or so and 540 lift.

Brian has a pretty nice little hyd roller cam at the shop he was selling. Not too big at 236 or so and 540 lift.
Hummmm, sounds prefectly yummy for Edelbrock heads on top of this.

p4876907 is the advertised at 8.5...I need to check the deck height on the short block to see where the pistons are actually at.

I also have a p4876908 which is advertised at 9.5....and that one actually has the pistons above the deck height......I think they are .015 out...dont remember..it is still in shipping crate.

MY short block was the high comp unit and the pistons on the drivers side went like;
cylinder #1, positive @ .010 and grew to positive on number 8 @ .014

Passengerside was zero deck all the way across.

Just looked at the p/n of the short block I had. That's the one I was running. Put some eddy heads on it and run 12. Teens... :)
I did that as well in my 4spd E-body Cuda and ran mid 12's OOTB and basic tuning. Must have been a good day for me.
(4.10 gears and super comp headers)

I sure could use a find like that because my 360 dropped a cylinder...

I did that as well in my 4spd E-body Cuda and ran mid 12's OOTB and basic tuning. Must have been a good day for me.

my best was a 12.17. that short block. ootb eddys 904 and a 3.91 gear. consistant 12.2-12.3 car.

Nice. My E-Cuda is alittle heavier I think. It's hard for me to run to E-town everytime I get the bug to run the car. It's like a $150 day before food. I wish I had the time to tune in the secondary side. I had a O2 meter on it and it went mad lean with the 750 Carter Comp series on top.

I went down to ATCO for there MoPar day last year and found a few fellas running the same set up in lighten Dusters. low 11 and high 10's with the shortblock with some having changed the cam and a couple with ported iron or Edelbrock heads. So it's potential is there if your willing to forget creature comforts and a more radical approach.

yea. i'm lucky enough to be 10 minutes from atco. have a buddy that has a 72 cuda with that short block eddy heads and i forget what cam with a 904 and 4:30 gears. he is in the mid 11's. that combo just runs man.

Hummmm, sounds prefectly yummy for Edelbrock heads on top of this.

MY short block was the high comp unit and the pistons on the drivers side went like;
cylinder #1, positive @ .010 and grew to positive on number 8 @ .014

Passengerside was zero deck all the way across.

the p48706908 short block is pretty square...i measured the four corners...and got .018 postive deck ...

which is funny cause the 8.5 and 9.5 both use the same seal power h116cp pistons..

-
Back