Craigslist no-shows....

-

Johnny Mac

www.blueprintengines.com
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Mini rant.

I'm pretty cautious selling my personal stuff on the forum, with my business connections, but every once in a while I throw something on CL to try and thin my parts pile.

So from my B body powertour build, I have several sets of bucket seats, disc brakes ,rear drum brakes etc.

Guy emails me from his work email, seems friendly enough. Wants all of it. We eventually have a phone call. Exchange texts. I tell him I have to literally go out in the rain in 40 degree weather to pull the brakes, so I confirm he 100% is coming, and wants them. We BS some mopars, all seems well. So today was supposed to be his pickup day. Even talked last night to confirm.

Come 4pm today...no show. Send text. Call. Call again. Now 7pm. My call goes.right to VM.

Ya know, ya hope nothing happened of a serious nature. I try to be friendly and give ppl the benefit of the doubt. Just burns my chops!

I'm sure it's happened to all of us.

Life goes on. Whining over!

Gotta love them people, especially the ones who offer about half of your asking price, then get offended when your response is less than polite.
:mad::mad:

Gotta love them people, especially the ones who offer about half of your asking price, then get offended when your response is less than polite.
:mad::mad:
What kills me is we talked like buddies. He has a roadrunner. He sent me pictures. I sent him dart pics. Etc. Then completely ghosted AFTER asking for today specifically.

I had that happen also, but maybe something physically happened to him
Very true. I will feel like a complete jerk if I get a text in 2 weeks that he was in a car accident or something major.

What kills me is we talked like buddies. He has a roadrunner. He sent me pictures. I sent him dart pics. Etc. Then completely ghosted AFTER asking for today specifically.
I understand , maybe he's in the hospital. I was selling a 1950 International L150 cheap . I had a guy all over it. We text . we talked on the phone , I sent him a bazillion pictures.
Deal was set he was going to come on a Friday and get it. Friday came and no show. I waited about four days , nothing so I sold it to the next guy in line. A week later he called and asked if I still had it. I said No ITS SOLD. He apologized said he went into town after talking with me last and suffered a minor stroke and had been in hospital. His girl friend was out of town so no one to speak for him. Anyway **** happens on both sides

I hear you!! I also put a bunch of Mopar parts on craigslist....a guy called me and said he wanted everything, he dropped by and plopped down 900 bucks and took almost all of it. Sometimes it pays off to be patient???

I understand , maybe he's in the hospital. I was selling a 1950 International L150 cheap . I had a guy all over it. We text . we talked on the phone , I sent him a bazillion pictures.
Deal was set he was going to come on a Friday and get it. Friday came and no show. I waited about four days , nothing so I sold it to the next guy in line. A week later he called and asked if I still had it. I said No ITS SOLD. He apologized said he went into town after talking with me last and suffered a minor stroke and had been in hospital. His girl friend was out of town so no one to speak for him. Anyway **** happens on both sides
very true

all i know at this point is i also busted a 3/4 inch ratchet getting those damn brakes off...so i'm negative $20.lol

I've had parts advertised lately, had people contact me, claim to be really interested, chatted about cars, I even offered to ship free through my employer, even offered to take half the money up front for something, trusting the buyer to pay the balance after they received the part. I wait for payment, then nothing.

:wtf:

Part of the reason I like Facebook marketplace... It puts a name to a sale and makes people accountable because you know who they are. I also pick a local spot to meet to sell things. No interest in having anyone at my house.

Never give out your address for a sale on CL. Pick a public spot to meet up if possible.

Part of the reason I like Facebook marketplace... It puts a name to a sale and makes people accountable because you know who they are. I also pick a local spot to meet to sell things. No interest in having anyone at my house.
Joker used his work email...What many more vengeful persons than I, could do with the dots you could connect from that...

Never give out your address for a sale on CL. Pick a public spot to meet up if possible.
Usually know better. Had we not chatted mopars, and he used his work contact, etc...would Not have. Gotta admit my guard was down on this one. Color me naive.

Last edited:
Maybe call your local Sheriff's department and let them know what happened if you don't hear back from him. They can step up patrols in your area. We do it all the time if we are going somewhere all day for instance. Not that we live in a high crime area......quite the opposite. We're out in the sticks, but if someone came here while we were gone to Macon, for instance, they could load our whole house up before we got back. I have some really good friends on the Sheriff's department too. They'd give somebody a beat down if they found um out here. lol

Mini rant.

I'm pretty cautious selling my personal stuff on the forum, with my business connections, but every once in a while I throw something on CL to try and thin my parts pile.

So from my B body powertour build, I have several sets of bucket seats, disc brakes ,rear drum brakes etc.

Guy emails me from his work email, seems friendly enough. Wants all of it. We eventually have a phone call. Exchange texts. I tell him I have to literally go out in the rain in 40 degree weather to pull the brakes, so I confirm he 100% is coming, and wants them. We BS some mopars, all seems well. So today was supposed to be his pickup day. Even talked last night to confirm.

Come 4pm today...no show. Send text. Call. Call again. Now 7pm. My call goes.right to VM.

Ya know, ya hope nothing happened of a serious nature. I try to be friendly and give ppl the benefit of the doubt. Just burns my chops!

I'm sure it's happened to all of us.

Life goes on. Whining over!

Oh and what kinda disc brakes you got?

Not trying to turn this into a for sale ad. Please PM me with details. Thanks man.

NO. Sorry. fakebook the search function SUCKS. You put say, "Mopar" into the search you get everything under the sun. I have yet to figure out what ZuckerPhuck does that made him so rich, because his software SUCKS. And I've been stood up, one was a woman who refused to give me her phone, we were supposed to meet at a 'box store." While CHRIST. I can't message from my truck I have to be HOME. And "the name" you see on fakerbook doesn't mean ****. I could be Dobie Gillis if I wanted to.

I've had about as good luck on CL as any other sales outfit. We "used to have" Nickel's worth free classified paper here, now they are just a shell thanks to CL/ others. But there were jerks and liars and cheats on there, too.

NO. Sorry. fakebook the search function SUCKS. You put say, "Mopar" into the search you get everything under the sun. I have yet to figure out what ZuckerPhuck does that made him so rich, because his software SUCKS. And I've been stood up, one was a woman who refused to give me her phone, we were supposed to meet at a 'box store." While CHRIST. I can't message from my truck I have to be HOME. And "the name" you see on fakerbook doesn't mean ****. I could be Dobie Gillis if I wanted to.

Dobie Gillis. LMAO

-
Back