[FOR SALE] craigslist ... rare ??

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
The straight six with 340 hood and many different color options, like a little of all of them. I would say its a one of none car.

Attachments

• none.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,337
This is the rare blue 69 Dart with the red hood. Missing for years !!!!
Finally....Whew !!!!!!!

I didn't get the feeling from his ad he thinks its rare because of the hood. I think he thinks it's rare because it's a slant car. He never said the hood came on it. Just that it is a rare 340 hood. Aren't they more rare than the flat hood?

Rare, maybe not. But still worth what hes asking. Could probably get him down to $1300. As far as I know, the GT's did come with the six. GT was a trim option not ncessarily a drivetrain option. If you are talking 340-383 the GTS was the way to go. That added "Sport" on the end of the "GT"

I'll just say this about that....I had my REAL 69 GTS at Hot August Nights in Reno the past 3 days. If as many people REALLY had a car "just like this" when they were kids, Chrysler mis-reported big time about how many were actually built!

I didn't get the feeling from his ad he thinks its rare because of the hood. I think he thinks it's rare because it's a slant car. He never said the hood came on it. Just that it is a rare 340 hood. Aren't they more rare than the flat hood?

Exactly, he doesn't say the car came with the hood, or even imply it. Sounds almost like he's had someone tell him GTs didn't come with /6s and he's emphasizing that they did. And he also thinks it is rare because it's a /6 with the GT option.
Dallas

Well maybe it is. I know there were a lot of Dart GTs between 70 and 71 that had the slant. But I think the earlier years had more V8s in them. I could be wrong. It's happened before.

either way 1800 is a decent deal there was a 69 gt in Tacoma wa in the last month or 2 no motor/trans he wanted 2500 it was decent shape.
on the 70/71 gt's a lot of them had /6's as mine does and the research I did.
Bruce's (R.I.P.) site was the most helpful on that!!!

Exactly, he doesn't say the car came with the hood, or even imply it. Sounds almost like he's had someone tell him GTs didn't come with /6s and he's emphasizing that they did. And he also thinks it is rare because it's a /6 with the GT option.
Dallas

Dam..lighten up a little......It was a joke,get it. HaHa.

Dam..lighten up a little......It was a joke,get it. HaHa..

I thought it was funny ! .. I just posted the ad in case somebody might be interested, I don't think he's too far off on the price. But definitely would not call the car "rare" !!

IIRC "GT" meant bucket seats. Nothing to do with engine.

IIRC "GT" meant bucket seats. Nothing to do with engine.

GT meant trim, period. Buckets were standard with the hardtop, but optional on the convertible. The slant GT was common from the beginning (1963) to the end (1971).

Everything is "rare" on Craigslist. Just wanted to let everyone know that. I might put some rare 318 parts up soon. Just sayin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back