Crane LA CCH-312-2 ????????

-

swinger340

Reaction score
I found one of these cams w/ the lifters in my stuff. Tried looking it up, looks to be .528/.552 lift w .242/.252 duration @ 50. anyone know what this cam is saposed to be centerlined @? I am most likely interested in trading it for something a little smaller. .500-.525 lift area w little less duration. Thanks for any info on this beast of a cam.

crane cams were stamped with duration...lift at lobe and lobe center..

Cam is marked Crane and the part # only. No duration or centerline. And all cams are installed straight up?!! What do you mean? All cams ive ever installed give you a centerlne degree to be installed @ and they all vary.

I found one of these cams w/ the lifters in my stuff. Tried looking it up, looks to be .528/.552 lift w .242/.252 duration @ 50. anyone know what this cam is saposed to be centerlined @? I am most likely interested in trading it for something a little smaller. .500-.525 lift area w little less duration. Thanks for any info on this beast of a cam.

108 I believe :glasses2:

Rickster

I love that family of cams. It is a decent sized cam but makes great power in the right package. It's got an LSA of 108°, and IIRC they recommend it in at 108°.

How would this cam be in a 10.5:1 eddy headed 340? Holley strip dominator and 3:91s. Standard shift. Im thinking it is a little more than i want for streetabilaty. Mabe not. Car only sees the track once or twice a summer. Mostly cruising and pissing off the neighbors.

I have run this cam on the street. Make sure you tune the power valve properly if using a Holley. Check your vacuum reading and use a power valve with a rating of 1.5 to 2.0 lower.
I did not have problems. Street manners were ok. It pulls well above 3000.

I had the CCH-320 in a 340 4sp. 70 duster years back, had triple springs, wouldn't idle too well below 1200, That cam sounded wicked, I shifted that thing at 7500+ with stock bottom end.

If this is a flat top engine, I'd go to 11:1 and confirm it's there by measuring. I think, other than that, it will be fine. You also will not want power prakes if you have them now... Because generally they have low vacuum.

have you still got the cam

Old thread!
2011 - 2022 = 11 years ago.

Whew! That member was last seen on….

486C7D17-D4DB-40C2-8100-5EA1642DC5AF.png

-
Back