Crank Pulley Help

-

6pk2goDemon

Mopar Mod
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Do big block crank pulleys fit on a small block? The reason I ask is I'm wondering if that's why my pulleys won't line up for P/S install on my Demon. Could I have a BB pulley and how can I tell?

I am not sure and just trying to figure it out. Thx 4 your help ta383 :thumbup:

Yes it will fit, I put a 72 318 pulley on a 440 I'm doing and it lines up with the waterpump , haven't checked the power steering yet .

..........Can u post a pic of ur pullies................kim.............

Here's a pic. I think the P/S belt should hook up to the middle groove, but with the spacing on this one, it won't line up :sad8:. Thanks kim!

Yes it will fit, I put a 72 318 pulley on a 440 I'm doing and it lines up with the waterpump , haven't checked the power steering yet .

Thanks for the info John. I have a feeling that the crank pulley I have is for a BB. It lines up fine with the waterpump belt, but not w/ the P/S. I was hoping to use this one, but guess I'll have to use a stock pulley.....crap.

Thanks for the info John. I have a feeling that the crank pulley I have is for a BB. It lines up fine with the waterpump belt, but not w/ the P/S. I was hoping to use this one, but guess I'll have to use a stock pulley.....crap.
The one in the picture looks totally wrong...it shouldn't have the wide distance inbetween the two grooves...try Bouchalon Performance for repro pulleys...

-
Back